which university should i go to?

Watch this thread
imzy561
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone here i need some advice
i don't know which university to go to for biomedical science, Alhamdulilah got offers from queen mary and Kings college.
If i go queen mary, travel will be easier, all my close friends are going queen mary and it is still a good Russel group university highly rated for biomed and i heard they have a great islamic community. Also have everything close by such as station and food, and my dads shop is near so i can help out when avalilable
if i go kings, travel will be a bit harder but it is a better university overall and is slightly higher in ranking for biomed and going there would be amazing to show off to my family lol
not sure whether kings has something similar about the islamic community but im pretty sure they have something similar.
PLEASE give me advice thank you
Durham Students
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imzy561)
Hello everyone here i need some advice
i don't know which university to go to for biomedical science, Alhamdulilah got offers from queen mary and Kings college.
If i go queen mary, travel will be easier, all my close friends are going queen mary and it is still a good Russel group university highly rated for biomed and i heard they have a great islamic community. Also have everything close by such as station and food, and my dads shop is near so i can help out when avalilable
if i go kings, travel will be a bit harder but it is a better university overall and is slightly higher in ranking for biomed and going there would be amazing to show off to my family lol
not sure whether kings has something similar about the islamic community but im pretty sure they have something similar.
PLEASE give me advice thank you
Hi there

I would personally go to a university where I feel belonged and welcomed rather than one which is just highly ranked. High rankings matter to some extent, yes, but what matters more is whether you're able to survive there for 3-4 years. QMUL is a well-respected university too, and I don't think it being slightly lower ranked than kings will make your parents any less proud of you. If everything about QMUL is working for you- travel, food, friends, course, community- then is giving all that up just for a slightly higher rank (which is in itself a very subjective criterion) really worth it?

Hope that gives some direction

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Go to QMUL - as above, being happy at Uni is important.
People get tied up in all sorts of over-thnking about this, and it really comes down to simply 'which Uni is best for me?'.
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would definitely go to the one with better vibes for you (which seems to be Queen Mary's.) The league tables don't really mean much, though you do want to see what post-degree employability and such is like for each uni. I regret not getting to know my uni's career service earlier on (preferably before I arrived.) Luckily my uni is great for careers. I'm sure both Kings and QM are good, so there might not be much in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads