Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Who goes to the university by car? How are your experience?

At present I go to the 'High School' by train and it takes one hour but that isn't a problem because I can study while the train is in motion.
    If I drive to the university in the future, I will not be able to study - of course. It should take 45 minutes from my place to the university.

What do you think? Is that a good idea to go to the univeristy by car?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person, whether they can handle driving back and forth every day.

Some people can handle it, some people can't and only you would have the answer to this question I'm afraid.

I go to Uni either by bus or car.

By bus it takes me an 20-25mins to get there, but coming back (as its rush hour time), it can take me an hour!

By car, it takes me 15mins, but again (as rush hour strikes) it takes me 30mins to get home.

It all depends on what days I have lectures and how long I spend at Uni and etc.

ReputationRep:
    I walk it at the mo as it is only 10 mins.

If you can get a train I'd stick with that - as you say, you can study. Also, it is safer, greener and more relaxing!

ReputationRep:
    also it depends what your unis parking facilites are like.
    ive known people having to spend so much money in car parks because theres no spaces etc so id be careful with that. saying that, it can always be useful if you're late!

ReputationRep:
    no you should live at the uni, u will not like going out and having to travel back all drunk and stuff. in the halls you are going to meet a lot of people whereas if you're living at home its more complicated but possible.

ReputationRep:
    The issue is that when I go to the university by train/bus, it takes about 2 hours and how I said (see above), to go by car takes 45 minutes.

I have been at the university campus and I saw congested car parks. :shifty:

There are many good aspects of living at the uni but I want to live with my partner and that's why I exclude living at the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoCommentMan)
    The issue is that when I go to the university by train/bus, it takes about 2 hours and how I said (see above), to go by car takes 45 minutes.

I have been at the university campus and I saw congested car parks. :shifty:

There are many good aspects of living at the uni but I want to live with my partner and that's why I exclude living at the uni.
    oh i seee, thats perfectally good then if you're with a partner. in that case you should drive, its good but it will cost u petrol and insurance. but 45 mins of journey isn't bad and if you get to the parking early, you'll easily find space.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.