Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend removed me from facebook watch

My boyfriend joined facebook 2 months ago so I put on there we are in a relationship together. I looked on my profile today and it didn't say I was in a relationship so I went on his and he removed my name and put he is in a relationship. I am a bit surprised and don't know if its he doesn't want people knowing who I am. Why has he done this?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he did it by accident... Ask him...

ReputationRep:
    Cos Facebook sucks? Or it messed up.

Maybe your friends were harrassing him. Or possibly his friends were trying to talk to you.

ReputationRep:
    Ring him and ask him?

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD!

It's ******** FACEBOOK - get over it.

ReputationRep:
    What good has facebook actually ever done? Nobody significant has ever had to resort to using it. Seems fairly typical of the decadent superficial western lifestyle that the whole world seems to aspire to.

ReputationRep:
    He probably wants to keep it exclusive or something.
    Do his friends know that you're going out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess_sue)
    OH MY GOD!

Err. no. It could be something important. If he conciously made the decision to do that it still means something, "facebook" or not.

(Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    He probably wants to keep it exclusive or something.
    Do his friends know that you're going out?
    I've met his friends and we've been going out 4 years so I don't know if its incase an old flame is trying to get in touch.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely be suspicious and angry.

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole 'Joe is a relationship with Joanna' is stupid anyway, I feel like a 14 year old when I see 'Chloe is now single,' etc. Some things need to stay offline.

ReputationRep:
    Umm...ask him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've met his friends and we've been going out 4 years so I don't know if its incase an old flame is trying to get in touch.
    4 years? Well he might have randomers in his friends' list so maybe he wants to keep it exclusive or something, hmmm. I dunno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    Err. no. It could be something important. If he conciously made the decision to do that it still means something, "facebook" or not.
    If he isn't adult enough to talk about it - he shouldn't be in a relationship at all. It's just ridiculous to start flying off the handle about a bloody social network site.

If the OP & her boyfriend don't speak there is no point in being in a relationship at all

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him.

With regard to Facebook and your relationship status (and your status in general, some people update it by the hour..) is a bit silly.

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD!

:ditto: to be honest. its a god damned website that means sweet fa to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    If he isn't adult enough to talk about it - he shouldn't be in a relationship at all. It's just ridiculous to start flying off the handle about a bloody social network site.

If the OP & her boyfriend don't speak there is no point in being in a relationship at all
    hey, don't apply your standards to all. Some of us males get on quite well in life by acting like 12 year old retards!

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: I wouldn't get too upset, Facebook randomly changed my birthday and told me I was going with one of my friends. Nothing to worry about, probably.

ReputationRep:
    I've done that before... I don't want people knowing everything about my relationship status and personal details. It's my buisness and not theirs. It wasn't an offense against my boyfriend, I still loved him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2008
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.