ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I'm not your boyfriend

Ask him

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm with a guy, and yet my facebook status says single.... so does his

ReputationRep:
    Yeah some people don't care about Facebook, but others people take it seriously.

Standard H&R response #384:

Ask him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    Err. no. It could be something important. If he conciously made the decision to do that it still means something, "facebook" or not.
    Agreed.

It's something he has chosen to alter/hide. It doesn't matter through what medium he does this. I would want to know WHY. It could be nothing; he could have a reason, and equally his reason could be **** and you should know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    Err. no. It could be something important. If he conciously made the decision to do that it still means something, "facebook" or not.
    I agree. Intention is all important even with social networking sites. I think this is the kind of thing that would raise alarm bells with me, too.

ReputationRep:
    Er i wouldn't worry about such a small thing. Personally i'm not into that whole 'someone is now in a relationship with someone' its kinda 'show-offy', i keep my business private...

ReputationRep:
    Facebook ruins everything. No more affairs or anything fun like that.

ReputationRep:
    My relationship status isn't on my facebook page!! I love my boyfriend very much, but it hurt my ex with whom I was desperately trying to stay friends with. I'm on his though Just ask him!! I know that is what every one has said, but its nothing to get worried/upset about until you know why he did it!! I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that an ex is trying to get in contact with him!! You've been together for 4 years!! There should be more trust!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    I was stated as in a relationship with my boyfriend and then I decided that I didn't need the world to know about it nor did I want all sorts of messages should that relationship status be removed for breakup reasons (knock on wood). I took it off, and everybody freaked out except my boyfriend ... but I'd told him beforehand of course.

4 years ... facebook shouldn't even be a huge issue.

ReputationRep:
    you remove his name too.... it'd be equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    What good has facebook actually ever done? Nobody significant has ever had to resort to using it. Seems fairly typical of the decadent superficial western lifestyle that the whole world seems to aspire to.
    Surprisingly, I entirely agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was daft enough to leave his account open on his pc, some of his mates found it, and thought it would be funny to change it to indicate he was single, gay, looking for 'random play' etc, and now he's just changed it back to being 'in a relationship'...

ReputationRep:
    It's only Facebook. A lot of people don't like declaring their status relationship wise. I know a lot of people on FB who haven't said who they're in a relationship with. Ask if it's worrying you that much.

ReputationRep:
    TALK TO HIM

Jeezus.

get over it you silly cow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    What good has facebook actually ever done? Nobody significant has ever had to resort to using it.
    Barack Obama used it as an advertising tool during his campaign. You can't therefore conclude that it gave him any further success - but he did indeed 'resort to using it'.

Of course, whether you consider him significant is subjective but I'd say he's a fairly significant person in the eyes of the world today.

ReputationRep:
    It's over. If you're not described as in a relationship on Facebook, then it means your not in one. Without Facebook as your witness, you cannot legally be together, so i'm afraid your bonds are broken.

Seriously, talk to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend joined facebook 2 months ago so I put on there we are in a relationship together. I looked on my profile today and it didn't say I was in a relationship so I went on his and he removed my name and put he is in a relationship. I am a bit surprised and don't know if its he doesn't want people knowing who I am. Why has he done this?
    I dunno, it doesn't sound good - I say this because (shamefully) I too have done this before

ReputationRep:
    Punch him in the ovaries.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.