advice ?

Watch this thread
zainab1234xc
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Guys i was just wondering what should i do if i have no aspirations. I just want to know how you guys get through tough times in your life especially when it might have an impact on your future or what you will be.

Also how do you stay so passionate about something because I can be really passionate about something for a long period of time but as time goes on i slowly lose interest and i just give up and i don’t know why.

if u know what i mean or where i’m coming from please get back to me or just give me some tips on what to do. thanks
IamAMu'min
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zainab1234xc)
Guys i was just wondering what should i do if i have no aspirations. I just want to know how you guys get through tough times in your life especially when it might have an impact on your future or what you will be.

Also how do you stay so passionate about something because I can be really passionate about something for a long period of time but as time goes on i slowly lose interest and i just give up and i don’t know why.

if u know what i mean or where i’m coming from please get back to me or just give me some tips on what to do. thanks
Turn to Ibaadah.
Debold
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Following advice is from my boss, the most successful man I have ever met, if I told you what he's done in his career you probably wouldn't believe me. I have fleshed it out a bit in my own words, the concepts are the same.

You need to find somewhere to aim at man. Then you need to find somewhere to not want to be - easy comparison, a heaven and a hell of your future. Write it down, make a Word Doc and just make a couple paragraphs about where you want to be in 5 / 10 / 15 years and where you WILL be if you don't sort yourself out. Hopefully when you write down where you will be, it begins to give you this "oh crap I need to get my act together" feeling. Don't have a clue where you want to be? Take a look at your path so far, what you're good at and what you're bad at, and then shoot yourself in that general direction. i.e. I wanted to pursue a business career, originally in Digital Marketing. Well, now I'm in an entry level Sales position, showing enough skill to move into Account Executive roles by next year, and I'm not even 20. Nothing to do with marketing on a close up scale, but I aimed at a general direction and I'm happy with the result. Not everyone wakes up at 6 years old and decides they want to study medicine at university and become a doctor, I didn't, you probably didn't, most people in the world didn't.

Regarding Motivation. Motivation is a feeling, like sadness or happiness or fear. It comes and it goes. Nobody feels motivated everyday- people who tell you that are liars, most of them fake internet gurus. There's motivation to do something, aka a feeling to do something, but then there's discipline to do something. That's just where you pull yourself together and get up and go and study for an hour, or go and clean your mess of a garden, or go and make that phone call. It's not fun, it's not supposed to be. But after a enough times of struggling and pushing through, you'd have put in your 10,000 hours of work and finally you might have that car you wanted or that house, job, family, degree.

Need someone to blame or someone to look out for? Yourself, past and future. Work painfully for your future self. Have you ever realised that something is easier or you got lucky because of a past decision? It almost feels like a gift to yourself. Have you ever said you'd do something tomorrow and then the next day you'd wished you had done it the day before? Stabbing yourself in the back. Be kind to yourself, but more importantly make your life so your past self is always something to be proud of, and your future self is being set up for the easiest time possible. Good luck homie.
Last edited by Debold; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads