Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can someone here please explain to me what "criteria c" means in the extended essay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey people
    so i'm currently working on my essay in ITGS and i can't seem to understand what they're looking for criteria C in the assessment criteria. It says in one guide that:
    "There must be clear evidence of a well-planned investigation. Students are expected to use a wide range of both primary and secondary sources. Wherever possible, the secondary research can be followed by and further supported by primary research. Primary research can include carefully considered interviews, surveys and investigations. All of these techniques must be concisely explained and critically assessed in the essay, along with the analysis of the results. The precise details from the data collection must be included in the appendices according to accepted standards for recording data using these techniques."

what do they mean by "there must be clear evidence of well-planned investigation"? what do i have to write in this criteria?
    please help me!
    many thanks
    i_like_chocolate

ReputationRep:
    hmm ... okay. my criteria C is analysis/interpretation
    but its from 1998.

when was this criteria published?

ReputationRep:
    interpretation from your sources and data?

ReputationRep:
    umm it was first published it 1998 (i think) but they have a new copy for the 2009 examinations.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay. i found a copy of the 2009 criteria.
    yay for me i guess...

uhm. you need to write out your method. im thinking itgs is some kind of experiment you've done or survey or what not? you have write after your introduction ish .. what you have done to collect our data and how you're going to look at them. if you are going to look at some secondary sources why are you looking at them to gain what? etc. i suppose. how you are going to work with your collected data and analyse it. =]]

ReputationRep:
    This is the level 4 for criterion C. It simply says that data is collected, consulted and RELEVANT material (to the RQ) is gathered (meaning primary and secondary sources) and that investigation is well planned. This is section is based on the mark on yyour methodology, how will you investigate for your RQ.

Btw how can you possibly do an extended essay without looking back at the assessment criteria??-v-

ReputationRep:
    I also think that C is just an interpreation of what you learned from your own data..

also, im doing my extended essay on economics and it would really help me out alot if you guys did this survery, it wont take more than 30 seconds, PLEASE do it

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...dtnUZehA_3d_3d

ReputationRep:
    I also think that C is just an interpreation of what you learned from your own data..

also, im doing my extended essay on economics and it would really help me out alot if you guys did this survey, it wont take more than 30 seconds, PLEASE do it (copy and paste link into browser)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...dtnUZehA_3d_3d

ReputationRep:
    Put into common language:

1) Did you use different data sources?
    2) Were those data sources useful, or data for the sake of data?
    3) Was the data useful? If so, what did you learn? If not, why wasn't it useful?
    4) Did you explain all of the above clearly?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.