A-level anxiety

Watch this thread
immyfleur04
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hii,
Panicked A-level student here. My exams start on 24th May and I’m really struggling with anxiety.
I have an offer from king’s college London, which has been my dream uni for years. However the entry requirement is very high and intimidating. I’ll be so disappointed if I can’t do it.
Does anyone know any de-stress/relaxation techniques to get into a better headspace because I’m just constantly panicked.

Sav055
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by immyfleur04)
Hii,
Panicked A-level student here. My exams start on 24th May and I’m really struggling with anxiety.
I have an offer from king’s college London, which has been my dream uni for years. However the entry requirement is very high and intimidating. I’ll be so disappointed if I can’t do it.
Does anyone know any de-stress/relaxation techniques to get into a better headspace because I’m just constantly panicked.
Hi there,
I'm an A-Level student, I have an offer from my dream uni too (Loughborough) who want super high requirements.
I've struggled with social anxiety and generalised anxiety disorders for a couple of years and it gets a lot worse during the exams seasons. In fact, most of my friends are feeling the same way.

I find that the best way to cope is by revising sometimes...which is going to sound really stupid when you read it. I find it really hard to bring myself to revise but when I do, I can convince myself that when I walk into the exam 'I've revised what I have been taught and if I don't know it, I haven't been taught it' (even if I did forget it). Another good way aside from that depends on you.

Personally, I can't meditate but my sister can and it works wonders from her. She takes a calm nap straight after and wakes up feeling a lot better.
I take a bit of a strange method. After doing allocated revision time, I set aside time for gaming. When I'm gaming, I'm so focused on what I'm going that I forget I have exams at all. Drawing with music is great for this as well.

I avoid social media as much as I can during exam period as so much negativity about a-levels are posted May-July. It's quite bad if you just keep scrolling through that. But yeah, you'll need to find what works for you
immyfleur04
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sav055)
Hi there,
I'm an A-Level student, I have an offer from my dream uni too (Loughborough) who want super high requirements.
I've struggled with social anxiety and generalised anxiety disorders for a couple of years and it gets a lot worse during the exams seasons. In fact, most of my friends are feeling the same way.

I find that the best way to cope is by revising sometimes...which is going to sound really stupid when you read it. I find it really hard to bring myself to revise but when I do, I can convince myself that when I walk into the exam 'I've revised what I have been taught and if I don't know it, I haven't been taught it' (even if I did forget it). Another good way aside from that depends on you.

Personally, I can't meditate but my sister can and it works wonders from her. She takes a calm nap straight after and wakes up feeling a lot better.
I take a bit of a strange method. After doing allocated revision time, I set aside time for gaming. When I'm gaming, I'm so focused on what I'm going that I forget I have exams at all. Drawing with music is great for this as well.

I avoid social media as much as I can during exam period as so much negativity about a-levels are posted May-July. It's quite bad if you just keep scrolling through that. But yeah, you'll need to find what works for you
thank you so much for this. i will try the drawing with music idea because i think that will help relax me.
i definitely agree about social media during exam time; it tends to be flooded with everyone saying how impossible the exams are or will be - not helpful haha.
good luck with all your exams!!!
R4V
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I recommend keeping fit. Go gym or exercise 2/3 times a week. It helps. Also make sure u spend time w family/friends. Revising is important but it can only be done for so long before it becomes irrelevant.
Sav055
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by immyfleur04)
thank you so much for this. i will try the drawing with music idea because i think that will help relax me.
i definitely agree about social media during exam time; it tends to be flooded with everyone saying how impossible the exams are or will be - not helpful haha.
good luck with all your exams!!!
Thank you You too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (5)
38.46%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (7)
53.85%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (1)
7.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads