UCAS help please

Watch this thread
AlwaysConfused.
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so I've applied to uni's and got my offers back however I have decided that I want to stay at home instead but on my ucas applications to uni I've picked "no" for "live at home while studying." Do i let the university know that I've changed my mind before or after I've accepted the offer? And what if I start not living at home during my years in uni.

Secondly, i'm taking a gap year, when do i apply for student finance, this year or next year?
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The uni does not care where you live, they want to ensure that all 1st years have the option of staying in uni accommodation in their 1st year. Most unis guarantee 1st-year students accommodation - hence the accommodation dept needs to know if you will be living at home so that they can offer you a place in one of their halls of residence.

Accept the uni offer you want and then drop them an email advising that you will be living at home rather than in residence halls. They will take you off their list and the job's done. If in years 2 and 3 you want to apply for uni halls then there will be a process. If you want to move out with your mates, the uni does not need to know.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
And if you’re taking a gap year, you can apply for student finance next year
AlwaysConfused.
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
And if you’re taking a gap year, you can apply for student finance next year
Right tysm for the help bro !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads