2022 GCSE so what happens if you forget to write your candidate number?

Watch this thread
Lazyholic
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Random but what would they do? do you reckon they'll base your grade on other papers sat? so like if I forget to write on bio paper 1 they'll base my grade on paper 2?
Last edited by Lazyholic; 1 month ago
JesseKansas
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
no, you'll be marked absent from that exam
Lazyholic
Rep:
(Original post by JesseKansas)
no, you'll be marked absent from that exam
So i'll fail biology?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In this hypothetical scenario, have you at least remembered to right your name on the front page? If so, your school should hopefully spot the mistake and add the candidate number for you.
Lazyholic
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
In this hypothetical scenario, have you at least remembered to right your name on the front page? If so, your school should hopefully spot the mistake and add the candidate number for you.
Right okay because in my mocks I forgot, so what if they don't?
Last edited by Lazyholic; 1 month ago
Lazyholic
Rep:
(Original post by Lazyholic)
So i'll fail biology?
Can't they base my grade on paper 2?
JesseKansas
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no, because in their eyes you would have just not shown up to the exam. you'd get your marks from paper 2 assessed but 0 marks for paper 1.
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That doesn't happen automatically. Your school would need to apply for "special consideration" to allow that to happen. They'll normally only do this if you're ill (e.g. with Covid) for one of the papers.

If you think this has happened (do you, is this just a hypothetical question?) then contact the school immediately. It might be that they haven't sent the papers off yet and can intervene in some way.
Lazyholic
Rep:
(Original post by JesseKansas)
no, because in their eyes you would have just not shown up to the exam. you'd get your marks from paper 2 assessed but 0 marks for paper 1.
So what would my overall grade be?
randompanda_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
papers aren't grades individually the marks are added up, if you only got marks for paper 2 you would have needed around 94 marks for a 7 (based on the grade boundaries for Edexcel Jan 2022 , but they will probably change) I'm not sure however if you miss one what the process is

as mentioned before if you put your name on it they may be able to find your candidate number
Last edited by randompanda_; 1 month ago
Lazyholic
Rep:
what if you forget that as well? (idk why but some people tend to do that)
randompanda_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
writing the candidate number? make sure its the first thing you do (filling out the first page)

there should be an identification card though with all the details on
Last edited by randompanda_; 1 month ago
Lazyholic
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
That doesn't happen automatically. Your school would need to apply for "special consideration" to allow that to happen. They'll normally only do this if you're ill (e.g. with Covid) for one of the papers.

If you think this has happened (do you, is this just a hypothetical question?) then contact the school immediately. It might be that they haven't sent the papers off yet and can intervene in some way.
Arent they like scanned before being sent off?
Lazyholic
Rep:
(Original post by randompanda_)
writing the candidate number? make sure its the first thing you do (filling out the first page)

there should be an identification card though with all the details on
Right okay so hypothetically speaking if you forget to write your name and candidate number your paper wont be graded but... they might not base your grade on paper 2 right?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Right okay so hypothetically speaking if you forget to write your name and candidate number your paper wont be graded but... they might not base your grade on paper 2 right?
Your exams staff do numerous checks on the exam papers they collect before sending them off to the examiners. They double check against the candidate list that they have a paper for every candidate marked present and put them in order that they appear on their candidate list.
If you haven't written your name or candidate number on your paper they will know it and deal with it.
المنچستري
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Random but what would they do? do you reckon they'll base your grade on other papers sat? so like if I forget to write on bio paper 1 they'll base my grade on paper 2?
The invigilator did not give me enough time to write my details and said to begin, I didn’t want to waste time so I did so, and at the end of the exam I totally forgot! I didn’t write my candidate or centre number, am I screwed totally? I realised literally 6-9 hours after my exam
المنچستري
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
Your exams staff do numerous checks on the exam papers they collect before sending them off to the examiners. They double check against the candidate list that they have a paper for every candidate marked present and put them in order that they appear on their candidate list.
If you haven't written your name or candidate number on your paper they will know it and deal with it.
I seriously hope the exam staff at my school actually do their job and check it, because if they don’t I’m seriously screwed, I performed so well on paper 2 bio too..
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Guys just write your details on it before you start. You will lose 20 seconds max if you've already started the paper. If you don't write it there's a chance that you won't get any marks at all, so just write them on before starting. Invigilators should check the papers when they're handed in anyways, but as they say its better to be safe than sorry
المنچستري
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
Guys just write your details on it before you start. You will lose 20 seconds max if you've already started the paper. If you don't write it there's a chance that you won't get any marks at all, so just write them on before starting. Invigilators should check the papers when they're handed in anyways, but as they say its better to be safe than sorry
I guess I’ll be very ‘sorry’ since I didn’t, and the invigilator didn’t check it, I’m panicking so much..
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by المنچستري)
I guess I’ll be very ‘sorry’ since I didn’t, and the invigilator didn’t check it, I’m panicking so much..
Stop the panic
The exams staff don't just throw all the papers in a bag and send them off for marking. They check and double check everything is right before they do. They might not spot it when they are collecting the papers but they will do when they complete the paperwork they send with the exam papers. If your paper is missing any information they will add it.
Last edited by gdunne42; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads