Idk what to do

Watch this thread
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can't decide my a levels. I definitely know I want to psychology and religious studies but I can't decide between physics or applied science. Has anyone done applied science? I don't really know much about it as I've never done a btec before. Also I don't know what I want to do in the future. I'm just picking subjects I like.
Advertisement
username54
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
BTEC applied science is basically gcse science with extra bits
_Robyn_
Rep:
(Original post by username54)
BTEC applied science is basically gcse science with extra bits
Oh okay ty. Also weird question but do you know if I have to be really good at science to take applied science? Right now I'm getting grade 9 for physics, grade 5 for biology and grade 4 for chemistry. Will I still be capable of doing well in applied?
Advertisement
username54
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
Oh okay ty. Also weird question but do you know if I have to be really good at science to take applied science? Right now I'm getting grade 9 for physics, grade 5 for biology and grade 4 for chemistry. Will I still be capable of doing well in applied?
Nope, I'm so bad at science but i know what's going on.
username54
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You'll be fine if you put in extra revision
Advertisement
Cant.be.asked
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you like physics, then I think you should take that since you're really good at it! Maybe maths too...
_Robyn_
Rep:
(Original post by Cant.be.asked)
If you like physics, then I think you should take that since you're really good at it! Maybe maths too...
That's the thing. I'm not sure if I even like physics. I have a good teacher so it might just be that...
Advertisement
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
... if I have to be really good at science to take applied science?
Its a BTEC.
Its designed to be less academic than A levels.
Its a good preparation for an apprenticeship or traineeship in something vaguely 'sciencey'.
If you want to do an academic degree then choose 3 A levels.

How to Choose 6th Form subjects - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
Last edited by McGinger; 1 month ago
Cant.be.asked
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That's the thing. I'm not sure if I even like physics. I have a good teacher so it might just be that...
Ok, since you're choosing RS and psychology, then I'd assume you like essay-subjects...so English? History? Only take physics if you really enjoy it, but I think you'd also have to take maths with it so something to consider? Depends really on what you want to do at uni or career you want to pursue.
Advertisement
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cant.be.asked)
Only take physics if you really enjoy it, but I think you'd also have to take maths with it
Physics without Maths or another science subject is essentially a wasted A level as its never required as an isolated subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
34.29%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (20)
19.05%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.95%

Watched Threads