The Student Room Group

results day

will i know in the morning on results day via track if ive gotten in to uni or not or does track update much later ? my school is telling ppl to come in from 9 so will i know before then .iknow im gonna be a nervous wreck at school if i dont know if ive gotten in or not and then opening results ii might faint lol .
so is this possible?
Pretty sure that universities get the results before we do, so it may be the case. However, Track might not update that early in the morning.
Reply 2
yeah i was worried track wasnt going to update by the time i go in. :frown:
@li2 I understand being nervous to go into school and finding out there and then if your grades are what you need them to be for the course you want. A lot of people actually find out if they were accepted into their firm choice the morning of the results day, before actually seeing their results in person.

A lot of people are emailed early in the morning with 'Congratulations on your acceptance to...' which is a sure way to know you got in :smile:

Track also opens at 8am, and you can login and look at ‘your 2022 applications’ but as Track is obviously very busy on this day it may not tell you if you were accepted or not at 8am exact, but it will come through at some point that day.

Don't be too nervous, be excited too :u: and I hope you get the results you need.

- Rosie
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hallamstudents
@li2 I understand being nervous to go into school and finding out there and then if your grades are what you need them to be for the course you want. A lot of people actually find out if they were accepted into their firm choice the morning of the results day, before actually seeing their results in person.

A lot of people are emailed early in the morning with 'Congratulations on your acceptance to...' which is a sure way to know you got in :smile:

Track also opens at 8am, and you can login and look at ‘your 2022 applications’ but as Track is obviously very busy on this day it may not tell you if you were accepted or not at 8am exact, but it will come through at some point that day.

Don't be too nervous, be excited too :u: and I hope you get the results you need.

- Rosie

thank u rosie i appreciate this !! i hope i get to know before i go in.
Original post by li2
thank u rosie i appreciate this !! i hope i get to know before i go in.

You're welcome :smile: I remember being really nervous, and then so shocked when I checked my email that morning! Of course, the universities know our results before we do and must have the congratulations emails ready to automatically send in the morning, so definitely check your emails when you wake up! Then check track to confirm. Knowing you got in definitely makes you more excited to go see your results, so I hope you find out beforehand too.

If you don't get the email or its not confirmed in track that morning don't worry, not everything comes through straight away and you could still be accepted <3

- Rosie
@PQ who is the expert on ucas procedures here confirmed ucas hub is opening 8.30 on results not 8 as in track on previous years. It will only tell you which university you have got into not your results. Sometimes universities accept students 1 or 2 grades below their offers.
Reply 7
Original post by swanseajack1
@PQ who is the expert on ucas procedures here confirmed ucas hub is opening 8.30 on results not 8 as in track on previous years. It will only tell you which university you have got into not your results. Sometimes universities accept students 1 or 2 grades below their offers.

oh thank you for this ! i did not know they changed the times .
Original post by li2
oh thank you for this ! i did not know they changed the times .

It was only a few days ago I saw it but @PQ is wonderful over ucas procedures.
UCAS Hub will reopen at approx 7:30am / 8:00am on Results Day.
This will show you only if your Firm accepted you, or if your Insurance accepted you instead, or if you were rejected from both.

It will not tell you your actual A levels results. You will still need to go to school /college to get this,

What Happens on Results Day - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/a-level/guide-to-a-level-results-day
Original post by McGinger
UCAS Hub will reopen at approx 7:30am / 8:00am on Results Day.
This will show you only if your Firm accepted you, or if your Insurance accepted you instead, or if you were rejected from both.

It will not tell you your actual A levels results. You will still need to go to school /college to get this,

What Happens on Results Day - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/a-level/guide-to-a-level-results-day

The embargo is in place until 8am and ucas have confirmed an open time of 8:30 am this year (giving half an hour before for advisor track to open)
Original post by PQ
The embargo is in place until 8am and ucas have confirmed an open time of 8:30 am this year (giving half an hour before for advisor track to open)

In previous years these times have not been 'concrete' and what was then 'Track' usually opened early.
Original post by McGinger
In previous years these times have not been 'concrete' and what was then 'Track' usually opened early.

That’s true. But in those years the embargo stopped at 6am.
It is 8am this year and so nothing can be shared before then (and UCAS are trying to push “early access” to advisers prior to the full go live which pushes things back after the embargo lifting at 8am).

I doubt it would be live before 8:15am at the earliest - and given this will be the first year with UCAS hub instead of Track I doubt they’ll do anything earlier than 8:30am tbh.
Reply 13
@PQ Hello, i was just wondering if u knew more about ucas extra ?i have a few questions if u dont mind answering but lets say i want to change courses
how do i go about telling the uni i have an offer from of my decision to decline their offer ? do i just email them because i cant find a button on track to decline.
and then once ive done that how do i add the new courses do i withraw the whole application and then reapply ? or is it through the same application?
and if its through the same applicatio then wont my personal statement be the same ? so do i email the uni about this ?
sorry for so many questions ..
Original post by li2
@PQ Hello, i was just wondering if u knew more about ucas extra ?i have a few questions if u dont mind answering but lets say i want to change courses
how do i go about telling the uni i have an offer from of my decision to decline their offer ? do i just email them because i cant find a button on track to decline.
and then once ive done that how do i add the new courses do i withraw the whole application and then reapply ? or is it through the same application?
and if its through the same applicatio then wont my personal statement be the same ? so do i email the uni about this ?
sorry for so many questions ..

What is your current status on UCAS (have you replied to offers?)
Are you just wanting to change course or change university and course?

To use Extra you need to decline all offers. If the Extra university makes an offer then you'd get the option to accept or decline that offer
Reply 15
i havent replied to any but i have one offer and been rejected by 3 and waiting for 1 which is most likely a rejection but i'll know tomorrow.
i want to change course and uni because the uni i have an offer from doesnt offer the course i want to do.

ok so i decline by emailing the uni i have an offer from ?
Original post by li2
i havent replied to any but i have one offer and been rejected by 3 and waiting for 1 which is most likely a rejection but i'll know tomorrow.
i want to change course and uni because the uni i have an offer from doesnt offer the course i want to do.

ok so i decline by emailing the uni i have an offer from ?

No

ok so you decline your offers. You can then add an Extra choice on the UCAS website.
If that choice makes you an offer then you'll have the option on the UCAS website to accept or decline the choice.
Reply 17
ok thank u for all the information .
Original post by PQ
No

ok so you decline your offers. You can then add an Extra choice on the UCAS website.
If that choice makes you an offer then you'll have the option on the UCAS website to accept or decline the choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending