What's the point of bringing a friend/tutor to an academic misconduct hearing?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've already accepted that I'm guilty and I don't really have any friends, so does it affect anything if I'm unaccompanied?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I doubt it, I think it's mainly for morale support for the student.

gjd800 might know otherwise?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's usually as an impartial observer to make sure that correct procedure is followed, much like taking in a colleague or shop steward to a disciplinary hearing. They won't advocate etc in any way.

Won't make a difference in practical terms to go unaccompanied.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've already accepted that I'm guilty and I don't really have any friends, so does it affect anything if I'm unaccompanied?
It's useful to have someone else along to listen to what is being said. Chances are, even if you aren't fighting the claim, you will feel under pressure and that often naturally reduces your ability to hear and absorb information. It's useful to have an unpressurised set of ears in the room listening for you, who can confirm who said what and what your options are etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads