AQA Biology Combined Science Higher Paper 1 2022 Unofficial Markscheme

Watch this thread
lailaaax
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys how did you find the paper overall? I think there were too many graphs in the paper but overall it was good. How about you guys?
jamest0394q
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
what did u get for the skin cancer calculation question
it was like 694000 on estimate
princesscharli3
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jamest0394q)
what did u get for the skin cancer calculation question
it was like 694000 on estimate
I got like 1711 or something I can’t remember what did you get
mohmoh73
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by princesscharli3)
i got 5 thousand and smth
ZALAB
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lailaaax)
Hey guys how did you find the paper overall? I think there were too many graphs in the paper but overall it was good. How about you guys?
It was okay but there was lot of bacteria questions there, the questions are random
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
527 dont think I got it right
I did 694000/100000
then 6.94 x 76
ZALAB
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mohmoh73)
i got 5 thousand and smth
I did 694000/100000
then 6.94 x 76
Do you find the advance information reliable
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yh id say so
i was worried itd catch us out but it was good
mohmoh73
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did 694000/100000
then 6.94 x 76
what did you put for the tumours question?
Last edited by mohmoh73; 1 month ago
princesscharli3
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did you guys get for the enzyme structure question?
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did you guys get for the enzyme structure question?
just talked about the lock and key theory
if an enzyme is working at a pH suited for them there will be higher enzyme activity so the active site will fit the specific substrate
ZALAB
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did you guys get for the enzyme structure question
This my answer: Enzymes are biological catalyst that speed up a reaction by lowering the activation enrgy needed for a reaction to occur, the grove on the enzyme is called active site( this where the subsrate attache to ) Enzymes rae specific, this means that the substrate must fit perfectly into the active site forreaction to occur.If the Ph level is too high the enzyme will denature, which will slow the digestion of amylase( but i forget to inlude the last sentence)
layla2005
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lailaaax)
it was overall easy but I'm worried about grade boundaries. what does everyone think a 9 will be? in 2019 it was 45/70 but I think it'll be higher for this one like around 48
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by layla2005)
it was overall easy but I'm worried about grade boundaries. what does everyone think a 9 will be? in 2019 it was 45/70 but I think it'll be higher for this one like around 48
well the thing is this paper only contributes to 1/6 of the grade boundaries so it's hard to say
physics and chem included
layla2005
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
well the thing is this paper only contributes to 1/6 of the grade boundaries so it's hard to say
physics and chem included
true, do you think they will lower the grade boundaries because of covid?
JesseKansas
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i got 805...
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by layla2005)
true, do you think they will lower the grade boundaries because of covid?
supposed to be lower than 2019 but higher than 2021
but idk cause of advanced information it might be same as 2019
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JesseKansas)
i got 805...
Yh it seems like the right answer
What did u do to get the answer
I got 527
I did (694,000/100,000)x 76
JesseKansas
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yh it seems like the right answer
What did u do to get the answer
I got 527
I did (694,000/100,000)x 76
probably roughly similar - i found the rate in the age group given and did a similar equation. May be just graphing differences which AQA may give us an allowance for
jamest0394q
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JesseKansas)
probably roughly similar - i found the rate in the age group given and did a similar equation. May be just graphing differences which AQA may give us an allowance for
true but there's a massive difference between 527 and 805 so I probably got it wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
43.75%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
12.5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (2)
12.5%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
6.25%

Watched Threads