The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Paper 1 2022

Scroll to see replies

I thought it went okay. What do you think will be an A for the paper?
Original post by Kkton2345
ngl I’m so angry about this, almost everything went smoothly for me except the Redox and Inorganic questions but that’s already a lot of marks gone. I needed a high score in this paper as well because I’m terrible at organic.
Shouldn’t have trusted the advanced info🤦*♂️

My school literally taught no inorganic we had to learn it ourselves it was so hard ffs
does anyone remember what option they put for the ionisation energies of Y and X on the multiple choice?
Original post by Marr.sar
does anyone remember what option they put for the ionisation energies of Y and X on the multiple choice?

definitely C
Original post by Fred7202
I thought it went okay. What do you think will be an A for the paper?

Sadly I have a feeling grade boundaries will be high, maybe like 59/80
Sadly I have a feeling grade boundaries will be high, maybe like 59/80

I messed up a few ways questions but think I done okay. What topics not on the advanced info list do U think will come up for paper 2?
Original post by Fred7202
I messed up a few ways questions but think I done okay. What topics not on the advanced info list do U think will come up for paper 2?

All the organic topics will probably come up (intro to organic, alkanes, halogenoalkanes) so they might as well have removed nothing
All the organic topics will probably come up (intro to organic, alkanes, halogenoalkanes) so they might as well have removed nothing

Im not gonna be foolish this time I am revising every single thing this time i'm not even gonna look at the advanced info for organic
ngl I’m so angry about this, almost everything went smoothly for me except the Redox and Inorganic questions but that’s already a lot of marks gone. I needed a high score in this paper as well because I’m terrible at organic.
Shouldn’t have trusted the advanced info🤦*♂️

Literally same, feel like I would’ve done better if they hadn’t have given advanced info because I would’ve had just learnt it all inside out 🙄
Original post by Mallyally98
Literally same, feel like I would’ve done better if they hadn’t have given advanced info because I would’ve had just learnt it all inside out 🙄

Because I was good at redox and periodicity ect… I just didn’t bother learning the processes because I thought they would’nt be in it ☹️
Does anyone remember what they got for the amount of NH3 at equilibrium?
Original post by khaled_alex
Does anyone remember what they got for the amount of NH3 at equilibrium?

I think 3.25 x 10^-3
Original post by rnanucleotide
I feel like AQA didnt keep to their word on the advanced info, but edexcel did. I did Geo today and everything they said was gonna come up came up
I was incredibly frustrated seeing that question

You guys should have seen the Aqa as psychology advance, it was literally page specific to the textbook and aqa didn’t lie about paper 1, in comparison to the as chemistry it’s night and day
Original post by bussytightclean
You guys should have seen the Aqa as psychology advance, it was literally page specific to the textbook and aqa didn’t lie about paper 1, in comparison to the as chemistry it’s night and day

I know man :frown: I did the AS exam for both chem and psych
What did you guys get for the bonding question ab CHBr3 and CBr4?
I think 3.25 x 10^-3

Yeah bro same tahts what I got so hopefully its right
Original post by BLUEMANGO_1
What did you guys get for the bonding question ab CHBr3 and CBr4?

CHBr3 has both pd-pd and VdW forces. But CBr4 only has vdw. However the vdw in cbr4 outweigh the imfs in chbr3 because it has a larger mr and so has more electrons. So more heat energy is required to break the vdw in cbr4 than the pd and vdw in chbr3
(edited 1 year ago)
CHBr3 has both pd-pd and VdW forces. But CBr4 only has vdw. However the vdw in cbr4 outweigh the imfs in chbr3 because it has a larger mr and so has more electrons. So more heat energy is required to break the vdw in cbr4 than the pd and vdw in chbr3

Wait didn't the question state CHBr3 has a higher BP than CBr4 or am i mistaken?
for Edexcel chemistry, was the advanced info very accurate or nah. my A2 exam is in 3 weeks. someone pls reply
Original post by BLUEMANGO_1
Wait didn't the question state CHBr3 has a higher BP than CBr4 or am i mistaken?

Also if you could tell me what you got for last question before multiple choice, about showing mixture of halide ions? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending