The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Paper 1 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kkton2345
looool we spent like 30 seconds on inorganic in total, I guess our teachers thought it wouldn’t come up

for us, it was coz we basically didnt have much time, coz we spent too long on physical.
was it timing for u too, so teachers had no time to teach it?
Original post by Miasmarome
for us, it was coz we basically didnt have much time, coz we spent too long on physical.
was it timing for u too, so teachers had no time to teach it?

Yh
Original post by Kkton2345
No they ****ed us over by putting in like 15 marks that weren’t in the advanced info for the last 2 questions

knew something like that would happen. advanced info is so vague its basically pointless. fully expecting to be caught off guard
Original post by kk15405
You are 24????

Yeee, need chemistry to get into vet med (I have biology, geology and physics at AAB
Original post by Mallyally98
Yeee, need chemistry to get into vet med (I have biology, geology and physics at AAB

Why are you doing AS exams and not A Level exams then
Original post by kk15405

Coz you have to sit As first???? Then proceed to A2. A-levels are a 2 yr course… thought that was obvs
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kk15405

I got those grades back in 2017, done some travelling, lived in a few cities and now decided on a career path because rushing to uni isn’t for everyone
Coz you have to sit As first???? Then proceed to A2. A-levels are a 2 yr course… thought that was obvs

Are you at a college or studying independently? You don't need to do AS exams before doing A2 exams
Original post by Mrbombasticdb
Oh wow! So, you are 24 and doing A-levels? Thats cool :smile:

Aw thank you, that’s very kind. I’m only doing chemistry but i’ve done it completely self taught because I work full time and volunteer in a veterinary practise too.
Honestly, it’s never too late for anything. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself during this time (I know schools/colleges funnel you into going to uni) don’t be afraid to take some time for yourself, however long that may be 😇
Original post by kk15405
Are you at a college or studying independently? You don't need to do AS exams before doing A2 exams

Independently -completely aaaaand I’m pretty sure you do. You need to sit As exams and A2 for the full qualification.
Original post by kk15405

Waaaait I just did a Google, apaz it changed after 2015 (the year after I finished my A-levels). Does this mean AS doesn’t count towards your final grade? IM SO CONFUSED AND FEEL SO OLD 😭
Waaaait I just did a Google, apaz it changed after 2015 (the year after I finished my A-levels). Does this mean AS doesn’t count towards your final grade? IM SO CONFUSED AND FEEL SO OLD 😭

Dear god I’m annoyed rn but also relieved lol WHAT IS THE POINT OF SITTING AN EXAM IF THEY MEAN FUDGE ALL!
Original post by Mrbombasticdb
Hey I done it! The mixture will have a different mass each time it is measured because the halogens have different masses. I wrote something on the lines of that i cant remeber it completely

it's cuz the AgCl precipitate formed dissolves in dilute ammonia but the other silver halide precipitates don't so the mass after adding NH3 and filtering would be lower
Original post by Kirti765
it's cuz the AgCl precipitate formed dissolves in dilute ammonia but the other silver halide precipitates don't so the mass after adding NH3 and filtering would be lower

Yesss that's what I wrote!!
Reply 94

OMG YES Thank Youuuuuu!
Original post by rnanucleotide
I said the first mistake that the student made was rinsing the burette with distilled water - dilutes the NaOH and makes reading inaccurate - can be overcomme by rinsing with NaOh instead of water
The second mistake was using a measuring cylinder - an inaccurate piece of measuring equipment- can be overcome by using a glass pipette which is far more accurate
The third mistake was the volume of indicator the student used - 5cm3 is huge for indicator - makes the end point difficult to read/makes solution more acidic or alkali - can be overcome by only using a few drops

we were supposed to write three things???
Original post by thedavidant

nah bro they just asked for one thing worth 6 marks
lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by thedavidant

bro obviously?:confused: they wouldnt give six marks for nothing
took me a bit too long to clock that it was dilute ammonia icl

whats ur snap btw

how is man tryna pull a girl on the student room😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending