OCR AS Chemistry exam

Watch this thread
superharrydude09
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How was the exam today?
Miasmarome
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
hey, i did aqa but how was your exam.
was your advanced info accurate.
for us, there was so much inroganic despite not being on advance info
superharrydude09
Rep:
My exam wasn’t too bad. The advanced information wasn’t 100% accurate, but all the 4/5 mark questions were on the list, so I’m not too worried. Also, that’s unfortunate, but I’d assume then most of your peers also studied lots of organic, so boundaries might be lower for you.
Ben259
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by superharrydude09)
How was the exam today?
Decent. I almost missed a page until the end which wasn’t great though. How did you find it (how many marks do you think you could get) and how did anyone you know find it?
maariah2510
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My exam wasn’t too bad. The advanced information wasn’t 100% accurate, but all the 4/5 mark questions were on the list, so I’m not too worried. Also, that’s unfortunate, but I’d assume then most of your peers also studied lots of organic, so boundaries might be lower for you.
How did u find the q=mct question
What did u get for the answers
superharrydude09
Rep:
(Original post by maariah2510)
How did u find the q=mct question
What did u get for the answers
q=mct wasn't that bad, although I do prefer the maths questions. For the first part, I got -116kJmol^-1, and the next part it was -58kJmol^-1, which is one half, because enthalpy of neutralisation produces 1 mole of water.
superharrydude09
Rep:
(Original post by Ben259)
Decent. I almost missed a page until the end which wasn’t great though. How did you find it (how many marks do you think you could get) and how did anyone you know find it?
I could potentially get all the marks, bar like 2 for the halide test one (forgot to mention about how to differentiate between group 1 and 2 cation). I was the only one in my year taking it, so I don't really know how anyone else found it.
Ben259
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh woah good job 👍
I just hope the boundaries are low enough for me to still get an A - think I missed about 10 marks overall
$of1a
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I guess I am the only one that didn't find it good at all... I used the wrong mass in the q=mct question and on the pv=nrt question I crossed out my (correct) answer because I didn't think the answer could have a power.. what molecular formula did you guys get? Also, did you get the halogens 5 mark question? I completely blanked and didn't remember it was the AgNO3 experiment with cream , white and yellow precipitate
superharrydude09
Rep:
Oh woah good job 👍
I just hope the boundaries are low enough for me to still get an A - think I missed about 10 marks overall
That’s a great score as well, going by previous years, you’d defo get an A on this paper.
superharrydude09
Rep:
(Original post by $of1a)
I guess I am the only one that didn't find it good at all... I used the wrong mass in the q=mct question and on the pv=nrt question I crossed out my (correct) answer because I didn't think the answer could have a power.. what molecular formula did you guys get? Also, did you get the halogens 5 mark question? I completely blanked and didn't remember it was the AgNO3 experiment with cream , white and yellow precipitate
Yeah, the mass was hard, because you had to remember the density of water, or it’s literally impossible.
I can’t remember what the elements involved in the pv=nrt was, but the halogens 5 marks was the hardest question in my opinion.
Ben259
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by $of1a)
I messed up on the q=mct too and some mistakes elsewhere but I think overall you’ll be fine don’t worry
S13
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by $of1a)
I got like C4H9BR
S13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, the mass was hard, because you had to remember the density of water, or it’s literally impossible.
I can’t remember what the elements involved in the pv=nrt was, but the halogens 5 marks was the hardest question in my opinion.
Bro that’s the question that saved me
S13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tbh the exam was iffy the mcqs were kinda hard the other qs were ok if you had revised struggled with the enthalpy qs apart from maths
maariah2510
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
q=mct wasn't that bad, although I do prefer the maths questions. For the first part, I got -116kJmol^-1, and the next part it was -58kJmol^-1, which is one half, because enthalpy of neutralisation produces 1 mole of water.
OMG thats great, I got the same answer too!
maariah2510
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by S13)
I got like C4H9B
I messed up on the q=mct too and some mistakes elsewhere but I think overall you’ll be fine don’t worry
(Original post by S13)
Tbh the exam was iffy the mcqs were kinda hard the other qs were ok if you had revised struggled with the enthalpy qs apart from maths
for the precipitation halogen one did u get cacl2 and NaBr as the compound b and c
_TheDon
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh woah good job 👍
Yo 80% is 56 and ur saying u missed 10 marks which is 60 so ur chilling g
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads