The Student Room Group

I want to change course but I don't know exactly what to

I've just finished my first year of Civil Engineering at the Uni of Glasgow and it hasn't clicked with me. I think it's too heavy on really intense maths. I do however love the elements of it involving CAD and design but the use of that is sparse.

Are there any degrees which would incorporate more design and use of these programs?

PS. I have also got a small interest in Comp Sci. as it was something I never really got a chance to try in high school. I was just wondering what maths elements are in that degree?
Original post by RuariLates1
I've just finished my first year of Civil Engineering at the Uni of Glasgow and it hasn't clicked with me. I think it's too heavy on really intense maths. I do however love the elements of it involving CAD and design but the use of that is sparse.

Are there any degrees which would incorporate more design and use of these programs?

PS. I have also got a small interest in Comp Sci. as it was something I never really got a chance to try in high school. I was just wondering what maths elements are in that degree?

PDM (product design/ product design & manufacturing).

industrial design...

You'll have to take a look at the programs but these are less maths focused. Engineering is of course primarily engineering, and design tools are really an aid but not really a focus.

Quick Reply

Latest