The Student Room Group

I have failed a 15% worth assignment, what should I do in order to pass the class?

Hi everyone

I have received a failed grade for my worthies assignment of 15%. I have 5 little assignments for this class and each worth 15% (total of 75%) and I only pass with 58% for the first one and 61% for the second one. But sadly, I receive 40% for the third assignments. What is the percentage or mark that I need to get in order to get a good grade for this class as I still have a report for this class that worth 25% and two remaining small assignments that worth 15% each. Do I need to get all of the remaining assignments mark on about 90% in order to pass??

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone

I have received a failed grade for my worthies assignment of 15%. I have 5 little assignments for this class and each worth 15% (total of 75%) and I only pass with 58% for the first one and 61% for the second one. But sadly, I receive 40% for the third assignments. What is the percentage or mark that I need to get in order to get a good grade for this class as I still have a report for this class that worth 25% and two remaining small assignments that worth 15% each. Do I need to get all of the remaining assignments mark on about 90% in order to pass??

Where are you studying? In the UK, the pass mark is normally 40%.
It is 40 mostly, I believe at some masters it’s 50 overall. What constitutes a good grade for you.

I know this won’t make an iota of difference to you, but I had a similar experience in a module, got a 60 in the module and I still overall got a first in my degree.

I did some rudimentary calculations, and if you hit 60 in every other assessment you’d get a 2.2 (mid) in the module, if you got a 67 in all the others you’d scrape a 2.1. Obviously, you may have a spattering of other marks and not all the same but you could if you hit the high sixties still get a 2.1 :smile:
Currently live in Australia

Quick Reply

Latest