decided to stop pursuing medicine, how to find courses in clearing?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi all, i am an achieved a level applicant (AAA) and i am on a gap year. i havent received offers and i am considering doing a different degree (i dont intend to do GEM). im aware that clearing doesnt open till july, but are there courses in finance/pharmacy and any unis (preferably close to london) which offer this? thank you
Anonymous #1
are there any unis which have historically provided places in clearing for pharmacy/finance?
Anonymous #1
bump
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
bump
There is no need to bump a thread 1 hour after making it. You shouldn't bump it until at least 24 hours after making it and thereafter not more than once every 12 hours unless it is no longer on the front page of the forum you posted it in.

Unfortunately you posted this in "advice on everyday issues" presumably to (ab)use the anon function, which is likely why you haven't had any relevant replies yet. Had you posted it (not on anon) in the main applications forum you likely would've had more responses already.

In any case, whether a uni historically offered any course in clearing has no bearing on what may or may not be in clearing this year. The Courtauld one year offered a small number of spaces in clearing for its BA programme and has never since re-entered clearing. Particularly with how volatile the admissions cycles have been the last few years with TAGs/CAGs etc, it's impossible to predict.

Also I would point out you don't need to do a finance degree to work in the financial services sector.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, it’s pretty much impossible to predict what’s going to be available this year in clearing. As above, historic lists are not likely to be useful as a guide.

If you have achieved grades you are in a good position to search with no mad rush during early clearing.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pharmacy at Bath is still open for applications.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
are there any unis which have historically provided places in clearing for pharmacy/finance?
Historically universities have offered places in both subjects but nobody knows which ones will this year. Have you though of applying in extra. Check ucas course search, filter using show only courses with vacancies then ring the university to ensure there are vacancies. Does it have to be those subjects. Swansea university offer a range of courses in their medical school which might interest you.

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradu...rses/medicine/
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What do if you get 4 Medicine rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ine-rejections

What to do if you don't get into Med School - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...medical-school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads