Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Course...
    Offer...
    Ucas sent on...

ReputationRep:
    Don't think Bristol will be for a while

My ack letter said they dont really give any offers til New Year.

But I've applied.

ReputationRep:
    Politics
    (no offer)
    Ucas sent 25th Sept.

ReputationRep:
    I heard they take ages

ReputationRep:
    i have a place for english and drama deferred for 2009. yes, they do take ages good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor!)
    i have a place for english and drama deferred for 2009. yes, they do take ages good luck!
    Just thought you may like to know that you've definitely done a good thing deferring in terms of facilities! They are starting a multi million pound redevelopment of the drama dept in a few months (starting with demolition!) to be completed by 2011, so in your final year you'll get nice & shiny new facilities to play with, whereas my year are just going to be working within half a building during our dissertations probs

thought I'd say hello....was nosing at this thread.

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    All's quiet on the Bristol front.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology, UCAS sent 5th November: nothing... zilch. Anyone had any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Some people have had offers. However, they say they only give offers now to the very best and give out rejections now to those they don't want. I got a departmental acknowledgement email implying that January is when decisions will be made.

ReputationRep:
    Course: Mechanical Engineering (MEng)
    Offer: 35/45 (IB)
    UCAS Sent: 14/10/08

Woot, I was not sure if I would get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    Some people have had offers. However, they say they only give offers now to the very best and give out rejections now to those they don't want. I got a departmental acknowledgement email implying that January is when decisions will be made.
    So they would have got back to me already if they didn't want me? Bear in mind I sent my UCAS form off a week yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNQ)
    Course: Mechanical Engineering (MEng)
    Offer: 35/45 (IB)
    UCAS Sent: 14/10/08

Woot, I was not sure if I would get in!
    Well done! What are your predicted grades? And what grades do they want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi_louise_whey)
    Well done! What are your predicted grades? And what grades do they want?
    Thanks

I'm predicted 43/45, and they want 35/45 with 6/7 in both Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNQ)
    Thanks

I'm predicted 43/45, and they want 35/45 with 6/7 in both Maths and Physics.
    Nice. That makes me look a bit of a prat though, as the entry requirement for mine is BBB and I'm predicted BBC. :/

ReputationRep:
    Nice. That makes me look a bit of a prat though, as the entry requirement for mine is BBB and I'm predicted BBC. :/
    Aaaaah, doesn't matter too much; if you had a kick-ass personal statement that shows how passionate and stuff you are, it should boost your application

What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I personally think my PS was pretty damn good. Hopefully it'll see me through! I've applied for Sociology, which is good as it's not the most popular of subjects at Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think my PS was pretty damn good. Hopefully it'll see me through! I've applied for Sociology, which is good as it's not the most popular of subjects at Bristol.
    Awesome

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So they would have got back to me already if they didn't want me? Bear in mind I sent my UCAS form off a week yesterday.
    No I don't think so. You only sent it off a week ago, so they'll be trying to build a picture of you right now. btw I'm not an expert on this stuff, it's just what I've been told, so don't take my word for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    No I don't think so. You only sent it off a week ago, so they'll be trying to build a picture of you right now. btw I'm not an expert on this stuff, it's just what I've been told, so don't take my word for it
    I know, but as you can probably tell, I am a tad desperate to get in. Who told you this stuff?

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer within two weeks after applying. I'd be worried if I were you guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.