Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional law offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josht111)
    Unsuccessful letter today for Geog BSc. Perhaps because of Oxbridge application? As my grades are high enough and i have done plenty of outside work.

They won't know what other universities you've applied to, so it won't be because of your application to Oxford or Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    offer for accounting and finance AAA gonna cancel it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josht111)
    Unsuccessful letter today for Geog BSc. Perhaps because of Oxbridge application? As my grades are high enough and i have done plenty of outside work.

Not to worry I got an Unsuccessful letter today too: English And Drama despite A*/A at GCSE and A Level....

not to worry my friend...!!!

I hope the rest turn out successful for you !

ReputationRep:
    Course: Philosophy V500

Offer: AAA

UCAS Sent: 14/10/08

Really happy just not going to enjoy the next few months lol!

And in regard to the debate about Bristol ignoring Oxbridge applicants - I applied for Cambridge, so it can't be the case, didn't think it would be anyway to be honest I don't think they'd care.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who's going for Computer Science got an AAB offer from Bristol without Further Maths?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had offers for Politics? I applied for Politics and Spanish two days agoo ^^

ReputationRep:
    Course... Chemistry with year in industry
    Offer... AAB
    Ucas sent on... Think it was the 14th of October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam91)
    Has anyone who's going for Computer Science got an AAB offer from Bristol without Further Maths?
    I got an offer of AAB (A in maths) for Computer Science and Electronics without Further Maths and also without the "required" physics or electronics :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAROLINAC)
    Anyone had offers for Politics? I applied for Politics and Spanish two days agoo ^^
    I had an offer for straight politics about three weeks ago. But it'll have to go through both departments, so wouldn't expect anything until January 15th -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    I had an offer for straight politics about three weeks ago. But it'll have to go through both departments, so wouldn't expect anything until January 15th -
    You applied to Exeter, straight Politics too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAROLINAC)
    You applied to Exeter, straight Politics too?
    Yep. I have offers from there & Bristol, waiting for Cambridge, LSE & Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I have offers from there & Bristol, waiting for Cambridge, LSE & Warwick.
    Coolio. I applied to Exeter too. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Applied to do drama and got my interview through on Friday for the 4th Feb.
    I am so excited and nervous, Bristol is my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    Classics, conditional offer AAB WOOP

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard anything about languages yet??? starting to get really really worried..!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate25)
    has anyone heard anything about languages yet??? starting to get really really worried..!!
    I have a friend who got a languages offer sometime in the last few days. So shouldn't be long!

ReputationRep:
    yey acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who got a languages offer sometime in the last few days. So shouldn't be long!
    which languages??!
    I want one toooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    which languages??!
    I want one toooo
    Spanish and Russian I think, for AAB. Not entirely sure though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.