Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional law offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josht111)
    Unsuccessful letter today for Geog BSc. Perhaps because of Oxbridge application? As my grades are high enough and i have done plenty of outside work.

They won't know what other universities you've applied to, so it won't be because of your application to Oxford or Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    offer for accounting and finance AAA gonna cancel it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josht111)
    Unsuccessful letter today for Geog BSc. Perhaps because of Oxbridge application? As my grades are high enough and i have done plenty of outside work.

Not to worry I got an Unsuccessful letter today too: English And Drama despite A*/A at GCSE and A Level....

not to worry my friend...!!!

I hope the rest turn out successful for you !

ReputationRep:
    Course: Philosophy V500

Offer: AAA

UCAS Sent: 14/10/08

Really happy just not going to enjoy the next few months lol!

And in regard to the debate about Bristol ignoring Oxbridge applicants - I applied for Cambridge, so it can't be the case, didn't think it would be anyway to be honest I don't think they'd care.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who's going for Computer Science got an AAB offer from Bristol without Further Maths?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had offers for Politics? I applied for Politics and Spanish two days agoo ^^

ReputationRep:
    Course... Chemistry with year in industry
    Offer... AAB
    Ucas sent on... Think it was the 14th of October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam91)
    Has anyone who's going for Computer Science got an AAB offer from Bristol without Further Maths?
    I got an offer of AAB (A in maths) for Computer Science and Electronics without Further Maths and also without the "required" physics or electronics :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAROLINAC)
    Anyone had offers for Politics? I applied for Politics and Spanish two days agoo ^^
    I had an offer for straight politics about three weeks ago. But it'll have to go through both departments, so wouldn't expect anything until January 15th -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    I had an offer for straight politics about three weeks ago. But it'll have to go through both departments, so wouldn't expect anything until January 15th -
    You applied to Exeter, straight Politics too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAROLINAC)
    You applied to Exeter, straight Politics too?
    Yep. I have offers from there & Bristol, waiting for Cambridge, LSE & Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I have offers from there & Bristol, waiting for Cambridge, LSE & Warwick.
    Coolio. I applied to Exeter too. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Applied to do drama and got my interview through on Friday for the 4th Feb.
    I am so excited and nervous, Bristol is my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    Classics, conditional offer AAB WOOP

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard anything about languages yet??? starting to get really really worried..!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate25)
    has anyone heard anything about languages yet??? starting to get really really worried..!!
    I have a friend who got a languages offer sometime in the last few days. So shouldn't be long!

ReputationRep:
    yey acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who got a languages offer sometime in the last few days. So shouldn't be long!
    which languages??!
    I want one toooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    which languages??!
    I want one toooo
    Spanish and Russian I think, for AAB. Not entirely sure though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 13, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.