The Student Room Group

Dating advice - does he like me/see potential?

I’ve started dating this guy and it’s going really well. He’s so kind and caring. We have been texting in between meeting up for dates. He has been slow at times with texting back but he is very busy with work at the moment. He recently talked to his boss about his workload so we do seem to be texting a bit more. I wasn’t sure whether he liked me but recently he said he would like to kiss next time we meet. He asked because he said he wasn’t sure whether I would be comfortable so wanted to ask to show respect etc. He is so sweet but I’m scared to get my heart broke as I’ve had past negative experiences with abusive relationships and I haven’t dated in a while.

Does anyone have any general dating advice when you really like a guy and would ideally like to show you care but at the same time play it cool not to scare him off?😊
Reply 1
Yes just be you, be happy and have your radar alert for red flag possessive and controlling behaviour.

Trust is earned an inch at a time, and that is from both sides with mutual respect. If it all goes well for a few weeks give another inch and so on.

Are you absolutely sure you know who this man is? His background, where he is from, his family etc etc You know the circumstances of how you met.

Do take care but trust your gut instincts and if you stay happy with good vibes that is pretty much a good guide.

https://www.modernlovelongdistance.com/background-check-meet-online/

https://techpp.com/2021/06/24/dating-background-check-online/

https://www.top10.com/background-check/the-best-background-check-sites-for-dating
It sounds like he does like you and wants to date you.
The main issue seems to be more whether you are ready to start dating again or consider getting into a relationship with him.
Only you will know these answers and you may not be sure yet.

The best thing that you can do is decide whether you see him as a possible date or a platonic friend.
Then let him know so that if you are not interested or find him incompatible with anything other than friendship, he will know and be able to move on quickly.
If you are interested in dating him, give him hints about when you are available to meetup and the venues where you would like to go on dates.
Make it crystal clear what your stance is on 'split the bill' and 'asker pays'.
Stick to your dealbreakers and listen to what your common sense is telling you.

If you want to start dating again, keep all ghosts of failed relationships and baggage connected with ex bf's far away from the conversation.
If you don't feel able to do this, it's a sign that you need more time to move on and let go of the past.
When you want to chat, try to reply within 2-6hrs.
Briefly discuss things that he has mentioned in or ask him a few questions about his interests.
Whenever you want to meetup, always be willing to invest time and money to show him that you are interested in getting to know him.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending