Loulouamy
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I've been complementing my choices for next year knowing i definitely want to study fine art at university next year, however feel like i have chosen the wrong place to do this. I have an unconditional offer from loughborough which is relatively close to where i live (Birmingham) and have good art facilities and studio space however after visiting the place i don't feel this is where i want to live and would prefer to stick to the bigger city areas.

This means i have been looking into other options such as manchester to do fine art at MMU, however i never initially applied here.

Do you think they are likely to have places open in clearing or is it just a guessing game. i already have my results so would be able to apply as soon as they open on july 5th, but do you think its even worth considering this as an option or should i just stick with what i have.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated i don't really have many people to discuss this with. Thank you.
Last edited by Loulouamy; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Is the course open and showing vacancies on the ucas website now?
There’s no point in waiting for clearing - you can apply elsewhere now using ucas extra
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Loulouamy)
Hey, I've been complementing my choices for next year knowing i definitely want to study fine art at university next year, however feel like i have chosen the wrong place to do this. I have an unconditional offer from loughborough which is relatively close to where i live (Birmingham) and have good art facilities and studio space however after visiting the place i don't feel this is where i want to live and would prefer to stick to the bigger city areas.

This means i have been looking into other options such as manchester to do fine art at MMU, however i never initially applied here.

Do you think they are likely to have places open in clearing or is it just a guessing game. i already have my results so would be able to apply as soon as they open on july 5th, but do you think its even worth considering this as an option or should i just stick with what i have.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated i don't really have many people to discuss this with. Thank you.
Hi Loulouamy

Currently, we are still accepting late applications for BA(Hons) Fine Art! However, i am afraid we will not know until Clearing opens which courses will have availability.

If you decide to wait to apply during clearing on the 5th of July, I would recommend you call the university first to ensure we are have vacancies and the course is available before doing anything with your UCAS application.

I hope this helps!

Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads