The Student Room Group

Will I be forgiven?

I committed an atrocious sin and it keeps playing up in my mind and got me feeling in a dark place that god will never forgive me.

Are all sins forgivable?
Reply 1
Original post by Scorchered
I committed an atrocious sin and it keeps playing up in my mind and got me feeling in a dark place that god will never forgive me.

Are all sins forgivable?

it honestly depends on the sin. but God is all-forgiving. just spend everyday repenting.
Reply 2
Original post by rimaxtt
it honestly depends on the sin. but God is all-forgiving. just spend everyday repenting.

It wasn't like murder or blasphemy anything like that. I just did something that a lot of people would consider immoral
Is the glib unknowing judgements of strangers on the internet going to matter?
Depends on what you have done, your intentions and whether the almighty believes that you deserve forgiveness.

Assuming that you are not a sex pest or predatory criminal whose crime sprees have ruined many innocent people's lives, the odds are on your side.
Most ancient books of religious scripture describes God as omnipotent, merciful and omniscient.
With plenty of descriptions of prophets, sex workers, thieves, killers, materialistic prodigals, unfaithful spouses and very naughty errant populations well travelled down the road to sin city receiving salvation & divine forgiveness for all their sins.
Remember that "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future".
Good luck!
It depends on what you did but if you repent and are genuinely remorseful for what you did then there's no reason for you not to be forgiven as long as it's not something unforgivable.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
Depends on what you have done, your intentions and whether the almighty believes that you deserve forgiveness.

Assuming that you are not a sex pest or predatory criminal whose crime sprees have ruined many innocent people's lives, the odds are on your side.
Most ancient books of religious scripture describes God as omnipotent, merciful and omniscient.
With plenty of descriptions of prophets, sex workers, thieves, killers, materialistic prodigals, unfaithful spouses and very naughty errant populations well travelled down the road to sin city receiving salvation & divine forgiveness for all their sins.
Good luck!

Thank you I will try my best to repent

And no not a sex pest or sexual predator I have never gone out of my way to harm anyone intentionally

But I have done stuff I am not proud of for money things that have kept me up at night
Reply 7

Are all sins forgivable?

The apostle Paul was a great sinner, he persecuted God's church, one died as a result,yet he was forgiven.

He said
"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. " (1 Timothy 1:15)

But you have to understand that salvation (deliverance from a state of "sin", i.e. fallen from right relationship with God) is not through "try harder", "stop that" . . .
. . . it is by realising that you need to stop believing in your own "goodness" and look to God for what he can do .. . He says we need to receive His Spirit, the Life Jesus made available, otherwise called being "born again".

Paul talks about this at length in Romans 7 onwards.
If you think there is something in this, PM me and I will direct you to a meeting of people who have got it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8

Are all sins forgivable?

The gospel truth is, your best will never be good enough for God, that's why he gave his best, His Son, all you need to do is receive Him by receiving His Spirit.
(see Acts 2v4, 19v44-6 for details)
. . . that requires choice, are you prepared to believe in God and desire above all else to see what he can do?
Original post by londonmyst

Good luck!

I like the quote at the end. I have not heard that before and is spot on. I have tried to give you a rep but won't allow me to!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending