I am struggling to choose which univeristy to go to

Watch this thread
Anonymusie
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I just received all of my 5 offers for psychology from Aston (unconditional), Keele (minimum 112 Ucas), Derby (112-120), Loughborough (Distinction BB) and Warwick (Distinction AA but I am normally eligible for a contextual offer, so I am trying to sort that out). I am predicted ABB. I don't know which one to choose

Loughborough is kinda far and I am worried about the diversity, Aston is "too close" to home but a good option as I want to do a placement year, Derby is nice but I am not "feeling "it, Keele is a nice campus and modules look interesting but I haven't heard good things about the teaching and I am worried as it is low in the psychology ranking, Warwick I taught I would never get an offer as due to circumstance I did not get the best GSCE grades but I wanted to try anyway. I don't really know enough about the uni tbh as I did not think I would receive an offer.

Also, I am scared I would not be able to get a B in maths but I am working hard towards that now.

Any advice is appreciated
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Which course do you prefer? Have a look at the optional units for each year of each course.

Do any of them have placements as part of the degree? This will add hugely to your graduate CV, especially in Psychology where there are too few entry-level jobs for the thousands of Psych grads beinbg churned out every June.

Is the course accredited by BPS - https://www.bps.org.uk/public/become...pe=UG&status=C

If you have not visted each Uni - look on YouTube for campus tour films.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

Congrats on your offers! As to which university to choose for studying psychology, every university is good for psychology as long as the course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). So, make sure that the courses you are looking at are BPS accredited, and if you find any that are not - it is best to exclude them.

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed