The Student Room Group

What to revise?

I have my first exam on 26 May which is physics so I have about a week left. After physics I have two weeks off for my biology exam. Should I just revise physics (which is my weakest subject) or Biology and chemistry as well.
Make physics revision a priority, but also do some biology and chemistry revision in smaller amounts.
Original post by batoolfatymah
I have my first exam on 26 May which is physics so I have about a week left. After physics I have two weeks off for my biology exam. Should I just revise physics (which is my weakest subject) or Biology and chemistry as well.

Revise physics since that’s the one that you’re taking first however try to balance biology as well. For example do one day of physics and the next day you do biology. And after you’ve done the physics exam you can focus mainly on biology
Do you have two complete weeks off all exams before Biology? If so then it's a no brainer: revise, practise, learn your Physics.

And good luck :smile:
Original post by Lysistrata
Do you have two complete weeks off all exams before Biology? If so then it's a no brainer: revise, practise, learn your Physics.

And good luck :smile:

Yes, so it is half term between my first exam and second, after half term I have exams with one or two days off.
Original post by Sukn
Revise physics since that’s the one that you’re taking first however try to balance biology as well. For example do one day of physics and the next day you do biology. And after you’ve done the physics exam you can focus mainly on biology

The problem is I can't balance if I revise anything other than physics I feel like I am wasting my time and I am scared that I will do bad in physics.
The problem is I can't balance if I revise anything other than physics I feel like I am wasting my time and I am scared that I will do bad in physics.

Then I suggest you only focus on physics since it’s next week and focus on biology during your half term. But you should definitely do past papers if you want to get a good mark
Yes, so it is half term between my first exam and second, after half term I have exams with one or two days off.

On the basis that revising Physics 8 hours a day for two weeks will drive you insane, I'd put together a revision planner with your revision time daily divided between Physics and then the rest of the subjects. So, say you plan 6 sessions a day, devote three to Physics and divide the rest between some of the other subjects you'll be taking exams in.

This will keep you more fresh, will keep your other subjects ticking over, and will optimize your Physics opportunity.
Reply 8

You have to balance between Physics , Biology and chemistry as well. Just focus on the subject you have first and then the others
Original post by Sukn
Then I suggest you only focus on physics since it’s next week and focus on biology during your half term. But you should definitely do past papers if you want to get a good mark

Yes all I am doing is lots of past papers.
On the basis that revising Physics 8 hours a day for two weeks will drive you insane, I'd put together a revision planner with your revision time daily divided between Physics and then the rest of the subjects. So, say you plan 6 sessions a day, devote three to Physics and divide the rest between some of the other subjects you'll be taking exams in.

This will keep you more fresh, will keep your other subjects ticking over, and will optimize your Physics opportunity.

I tried that but I can't focus on other subjects because I am always scared for physics
I tried that but I can't focus on other subjects because I am always scared for physics

Set yourself a timetable; break your Physics spec down by topic; put a topic into each revision session (say 3 to 4 daily); tick off topics as you do them; use the rest of your time for other subjects.

Or don't.
Set yourself a timetable; break your Physics spec down by topic; put a topic into each revision session (say 3 to 4 daily); tick off topics as you do them; use the rest of your time for other subjects.

Or don't.

Okay Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest