Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i lost my job few months ago, and live in a place called Llanelli. There are no jobs around whatsoever! So trying to move to cardiff. I am on job seekers at moment. Can i get housing benefit in cardiff, then transfer my job seekers allowance. Its only because i cant get a job in Llanelli, and will in cardiff?

I know not really finance problems, but it is if yor in my situation
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you'll be able to get housing benefit and jobseekers allowance, just send the forms off when you get to Cardiff, although it can take a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arisk01)
    you'll be able to get housing benefit and jobseekers allowance, just send the forms off when you get to Cardiff, although it can take a while

I already got job seekers, will they give me housing benefit in cardiff, while on job seekers in llanelli?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by KJ21)
    I already got job seekers, will they give me housing benefit in cardiff, while on job seekers in llanelli?
    not really because you need to change over depending which authority you are located in. So when you move to Cardiff you need your jobseekers changed over to the Cardiff authority, but ultimately you should still receive jobseekers.

edit: maybe I misunderstand, are you asking if you can have both at the same time in a single authority?

ReputationRep:
    How about phoning the jobcentre and asking an advisor directly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenchflower)
    How about phoning the jobcentre and asking an advisor directly?

Tried that, most unhelpful people ever

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.