Would I be aloud to use rust as the programming language of my a level project

Watch this thread
_osdesa_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering if I could user rust for the NEA portion of my a level. My exam board is AQA who I believe states you may use any tools or languages and was wondering if any one had any knowledge on the matter
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
yes i believe so as long as it doesn't hinder you and possibly if you can provide a quick explanation as to why you used Rust in your write up.

let me know if you have any questions as I just did mine this year and got 64/75! (same board)
_osdesa_
Rep:
thank you for your reply,
how much did you have to do for you write up excluding code, an do you have any tips for managing time while doing the project
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
excluding my code - but including title page, contents pages and references - i had about 78 pages and my total document was 134 pages.

for time manegment, try to do as much in class / in the summer (don't spend your entire summer doing it though) as you can because that means you have less at home which means you can use that time for other revision/homework. I think my teacher wanted my class to have the analysis and design section done by the time we got back to school so we could concentrate on our code. also, something that i did, is flick through the nea textbook and type up the different headers which they outline so that you need to write about and i would advise have some sort of code to yourself about whether or not you've done that section. for me, i put a double asterisk (**) at the beginning of the header so that when i went to refresh that contents table at the beginning of the page it was easy to see what i had/hadn't done.

also, a general tip would be to have your third party in school if possible. it just means that meet ups are easier when you have to the evaluation section.

let me know if you have any other questions!
_osdesa_
Rep:
thank you, I have no more questions
Good luck in your exams (if you have any)
Last edited by _osdesa_; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (57)
45.6%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.8%

Watched Threads