The Student Room Group

Issue with WhatsApp

I got a friend’s number today and added her to my contacts, but she’s not coming up in my contacts list even though I know she’s on WhatsApp. She’s there in the contacts app on my phone, but I can’t see her on WhatsApp at all and I don’t even have the option to invite her to install the app.

Another friend copied and pasted the number and sent it to me, so I can be 99% sure it’s the right number. I don’t know if I’m just being stupid but I don’t think I’ve ever had this issue before. Anyone know what I can try, or why she’s not showing up?
Original post by RushingRiver
I got a friend’s number today and added her to my contacts, but she’s not coming up in my contacts list even though I know she’s on WhatsApp. She’s there in the contacts app on my phone, but I can’t see her on WhatsApp at all and I don’t even have the option to invite her to install the app.

Another friend copied and pasted the number and sent it to me, so I can be 99% sure it’s the right number. I don’t know if I’m just being stupid but I don’t think I’ve ever had this issue before. Anyone know what I can try, or why she’s not showing up?

Have you added her to your sim?
Could you get someone with both of your numbers to make a whatsapp group chat with you two in it?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Have you added her to your sim?

I don’t have a SIM card in my phone, it doesn’t usually cause any issues though
Original post by Rufus The Red
Could you get someone with both of your numbers to make a whatsapp group chat with you two in it?

Thank you, I’ll try that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest