Rejected from my preferred uni now left with a more aspirational choice to firm

Watch this thread
User3858395
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I applied for Law at Warwick, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield and UCL last November. (UCAS grades A*AA

I was rejected from UCL and more recently, Warwick.

Previously I was hoping to firm Warwick (AAA required) and insure Nottingham (AAB required).

But now I’ve been rejected by them, I would have to firm Birmingham (I’m not considering Sheffield at all) who require A*AA.

Going into university applications I always had my heart set on Warwick and never thought I would have to achieve an A* to get into my first choice.

Part of me feels like I can do it but it’s also more pressure with my first exam in 6days.

If anyone in a similar situation or with experience could send some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I do maths politics and economics btw
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Go to Birmingham - you will have a great time.

This year has been mega competitive becuase of all the over-inflated grades from the last two years and many pepople have missed out, you are not alone. Brum is still an excellent Uni and rated for Law.
User3858395
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Go to Birmingham - you will have a great time.

This year has been mega competitive becuase of all the over-inflated grades from the last two years and many pepople have missed out, you are not alone. Brum is still an excellent Uni and rated for Law.
Thank you. I wish it was that simple cos now I need higher grades, but I’m going to work as hard as I can to get the grades, even if I don’t and end up at Nottingham at least I won’t have any regrets.

What’s your view on Nottingham as a law school compared to the likes of Birmingham and Warwick.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by User3858395)
Thank you. I wish it was that simple cos now I need higher grades, but I’m going to work as hard as I can to get the grades, even if I don’t and end up at Nottingham at least I won’t have any regrets.

What’s your view on Nottingham as a law school compared to the likes of Birmingham and Warwick.
All on the same level - you will hear a lot of tosh about employment chances but your career is what you make it, not the Uni. The same big firms all recruit at all of these Unis - and Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle etc etc.
User3858395
Rep:
All on the same level - you will hear a lot of tosh about employment chances but your career is what you make it, not the Uni. The same big firms all recruit at all of these Unis - and Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle etc etc.
I agree to an extent. Thanks, this definitely relieves some of the pressure.
Gmaster1980
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Going to just echo this. It makes absolutely no difference where you go to uni. Enjoy your time wherever you end up and hustle hard to get your career on track once you leave!
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you forming Bham cause it’s where you want to go or because it requires the highest grades?
You could always just firm Notts, don’t be thinking you have to firm a uni with higher grades and then insure one with lower. If you want to go to the lower requirement uni then you can firm them.

Out of interest why aren’t you considering Sheffield? Are you Midlands based and want to stay close to home?
User3858395
Rep:
(Original post by LawStudent456)
Are you forming Bham cause it’s where you want to go or because it requires the highest grades?
You could always just firm Notts, don’t be thinking you have to firm a uni with higher grades and then insure one with lower. If you want to go to the lower requirement uni then you can firm them.

Out of interest why aren’t you considering Sheffield? Are you Midlands based and want to stay close to home?
I prefer Birmingham in fact I would love to go there.

I know Sheffield is a good uni but it was always a filler choice for me. From what I’ve heard it lacks diversity plus its quite far for me.
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by User3858395)
I prefer Birmingham in fact I would love to go there.

I know Sheffield is a good uni but it was always a filler choice for me. From what I’ve heard it lacks diversity plus its quite far for me.
Then you’ve no dilemma at all. Firm Bham and insure Notts.

Good luck.
User3858395
Rep:
(Original post by LawStudent456)
Then you’ve no dilemma at all. Firm Bham and insure Notts.

Good luck.
Thank you and you too if you’re sitting exams this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads