The Student Room Group

best way to consume whey protein??

if you dislike straight protein + water shakes, have no blender and no access to an oven...

I was thinking putting it in oats in the morning, in yoghurt, in yoghurt and freezing it, mixing it with peanut butter, just dry scooping
Parachute it.
i love it in pancakes and oats if i dont want to drink it. you can often replacef lower with protient power
Dont be a puss y, just down it with milk. It's not that hard. You clearly don't have a good tasting protein, try Chocolate peanut butter that's good.

Or alternatively by Clear Whey Isolate, it's like a juice
Reply 4
Original post by Fineappleonpiza
Dont be a puss y, just down it with milk. It's not that hard. You clearly don't have a good tasting protein, try Chocolate peanut butter that's good.

Or alternatively by Clear Whey Isolate, it's like a juice

i bought 'vanilla creme' flavour which is kinda disgusting cos it's excessively sweet
probs will just dry scoop cos I don't have a shaker either
Mix with milk and chug is my tactic
Reply 6
Original post by Angry cucumber
Mix with milk and chug is my tactic

yeah I did that just now and it was actually not bad
will probs use water in future cos I'm trying to lose weight (well, lose fat but as little muscle as possible)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by rebelw
yeah I did that just now and it was actually not bad
will probs use water in future cos I'm trying to lose weight (well, lose fat but as little muscle as possible)

The extra few kcals u get by putting in milk are probably worth the lack of disgust. You can cut those kcals somewhere else.
make your own jelly and put it in
do. not. dry scoop. that **** will take u to the hospital. whey protein contains hella caffeine, amphetamine and meth. and do not take beyond recommended limit. unless u want to be dealing with a brain hemorrhage be Mt guest
Original post by Fail_yea
do. not. dry scoop. that **** will take u to the hospital. whey protein contains hella caffeine, amphetamine and meth. and do not take beyond recommended limit. unless u want to be dealing with a brain hemorrhage be Mt guest

lol what? I bought it from holland and barrett
and it's still EU regulated, it doesn't even have caffeine (apart from a tiny amount in green tea extract lol). these are the ingredients:
Whey* Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate (Of Which 80% Is Micellar Casein), Soya Protein Isolate), Waxy Barley Flour, Golden Brown Flaxseed Powder, Thickeners (Acacia Gum, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum), Flavouring, Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder {Salted Caramel Flavour Only} Conjugated Linoleic Acid Powder [Safflower Oil (Rich in Conjugated Linoeic Acid), Glucose Syrup,Milk Protein, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Vitamin E], L-Carnitine, Colour (Beetroot Red {Strawberry Delight, Cherry Bakewell and Raspberry & White Chocolate Flavours Only}, Curcumin (Banana Flavour Only), Green Tea Extract, Salt {White Chocolate Deluxe Flavour and Salted Caramel Flavours Only} Sweetener (Sucralose).

but ik dry scooping is a bad for the same reason the cinnamon challenge is dangerous lol
in a normal shake there is about 150-300 mg of caffeine which increases blood pressure, heart rate etc and the pressure on your brain causes to swell leading to duh duh brain hemorrhage. I don't just say this for fun there has been an increase of cases like this from people who dry scoop. I don't know what protein powder everyone takes obviously. I am not superman obviously but I am gonna assume the worst just to be on the safe side.
especially if you are having dry scoops for prework out, post workout, in the morning and before bed. basically the idiots who ignore the label and take more powder than recommended because they think it will get them shredded fast though they will prolly pee out most of that protein. thats why I had to warn you because the label doesn't directly say caffeine or amphetamine or meth. no it says Roxylean, 1.M.R, Dimethylamylamine, Methylhexanamine ,a nd 'Geranainine.
Original post by Fail_yea
in a normal shake there is about 150-300 mg of caffeine which increases blood pressure, heart rate etc and the pressure on your brain causes to swell leading to duh duh brain hemorrhage. I don't just say this for fun there has been an increase of cases like this from people who dry scoop. I don't know what protein powder everyone takes obviously. I am not superman obviously but I am gonna assume the worst just to be on the safe side.

maybe in america where there's zero regulation, but I checked the ingredients carefully. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, and try using ur own brain once in a while lol. Whey protein isn't the same as those 'pre workout' supplements u can buy
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by rebelo
maybe in america where there's zero regulation, but I checked the ingredients carefully. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, and try using ur own brain once in a while lol. Whey protein isn't the same as those 'pre workout' supplements u can buy

Ur being trolled
Whey protein has 80 to 110 calories per scoop, with no or low carbohydrates and fat. If your objective is to lose weight or develop lean muscle mass by reducing carbs, fat, and thus calories, it is best to take protein with water rather than milk. This will help you achieve better outcomes.
Always with milk and chug

Quick Reply

Latest