Is btec applied science boring?

Watch this thread
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
^^ (a level equivalent)
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
^^ (a level equivalent)
Only equiv. in terms of UCAS points.
If a Uni wants specific science A levels, do not just assume that they will accept this BTEC instead.
_Robyn_
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Only equiv. in terms of UCAS points.
If a Uni wants specific science A levels, do not just assume that they will accept this BTEC instead.
Yeah what I meant was it is level 3 extended certificate in applied science
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah what I meant was it is level 3 extended certificate in applied science
It still isnt an A level.
See my reply to your other thread question.
Hazomeed
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No one really replied well to this. Im going into second year of applied science. Unit 1 is great and goes over some complex things. The optional units the collage offers is kinda the key difference. My school did Philosophy which is like anatomy and **** which i think is great, we are doing medical physics next year but some schools do space science. I think A levels will be the same everywhere and if you get the grades i would suggest taking them instead just because there is so much more support and its a better environment. Wether you find the course interesting or not is dependent on what school you want to go to, what units they do and kinda on where it is. I can give you some more insight on more if you want just message me or smth idk how student room works fully yet.
_Robyn_
Rep:
(Original post by Hazomeed)
No one really replied well to this. Im going into second year of applied science. Unit 1 is great and goes over some complex things. The optional units the collage offers is kinda the key difference. My school did Philosophy which is like anatomy and **** which i think is great, we are doing medical physics next year but some schools do space science. I think A levels will be the same everywhere and if you get the grades i would suggest taking them instead just because there is so much more support and its a better environment. Wether you find the course interesting or not is dependent on what school you want to go to, what units they do and kinda on where it is. I can give you some more insight on more if you want just message me or smth idk how student room works fully yet.
Thanks for your reply Could you actually tell me a bit more about how the topics are assessed please? I'm not really sure what sorta topics are which are coursework. I've never done a btec before and I'm not sure what to expect tbh
AndreaSonic2
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I just finished applied Science diploma, and honestly depending on your career path, they will accept it in term of UCAS points
_Robyn_
Rep:
(Original post by AndreaSonic2)
I just finished applied Science diploma, and honestly depending on your career path, they will accept it in term of UCAS points
Alright thank you. But to be honest I don't really care about future career, UCAS, unis etc. I'm just taking subjects I think I'll like yk.
Hazomeed
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There are four exam units and the rest is coursework. Units 1,3,5 and 7 are exam the rest are coursework. The content is not too hard, search up BTEC Applied Science Help on youtube. He posts short overviews on the examined units. Also please reconsider your decision of not considering university, if you dont want to work at maccies or be a lab technician forever you should consider the uni route and make sure ur chances of getting there are as high as possible.
_Robyn_
Rep:
There are four exam units and the rest is coursework. Units 1,3,5 and 7 are exam the rest are coursework. The content is not too hard, search up BTEC Applied Science Help on youtube. He posts short overviews on the examined units. Also please reconsider your decision of not considering university, if you dont want to work at maccies or be a lab technician forever you should consider the uni route and make sure ur chances of getting there are as high as possible.
Thank you. Yeah I understand your point... I'm just not really one to think about the future. But I'll be sure to consider that thanks
AndreaSonic2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Alright thank you. But to be honest I don't really care about future career, UCAS, unis etc. I'm just taking subjects I think I'll like yk.
It's probably easier and more likable than my other a-level, I think it's an awesome choice honestly. Are you wanting to do single or double?
_Robyn_
Rep:
It's probably easier and more likable than my other a-level, I think it's an awesome choice honestly. Are you wanting to do single or double?
I think the proper name for it is level 3 extended certificate in applied science. Don't know if that single or double lol
AndreaSonic2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think the proper name for it is level 3 extended certificate in applied science. Don't know if that single or double lol
That's single
Hazomeed
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That's single
What are you talking about? There is no single or double. Its equivalent to three a levels.
username54
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What are you talking about? There is no single or double. Its equivalent to three a levels.
Nah there's different versions.
_Robyn_
Rep:
I think they are talking about how there is different types. E.g extended certificate, extended diploma etc. They are equivalent to different amounts of a levels. I think the extended certificate is equivalent to one a level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads