Foundation diploma or extended diploma

Watch this thread
revo349
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Should I do the foundation diploma that takes 1 year, then go to university when I'm 18 but end up having to go to a university that isn't amazing and also have to do a foundation year.

Orr should I do an extended diploma that takes 2 years, go to uni when I'm 19 but end up goingg to an amazing uni

idk :/
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you mean a BTEC Extended Diploma, be aware that not all Unis/courses accept this.

What Uni subject are wanting to apply for?
revo349
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If you mean a BTEC Extended Diploma, be aware that not all Unis/courses accept this.

What Uni subject are wanting to apply for?
I checked and ngl pretty much all unis accept the extended diploma, im looking at manchester uni, essex uni and maybe Liverpool university
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
A full set of L3 qualifications (A levels or an extended diploma) is a much better option than a foundation year.

It’s important to check that your extended diploma is accepted for entry onto your chosen degree subject at each university though. While an ED is often accepted it won’t always meet any subject specific requirements and you may need to take an AS or A level alongside it for some degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise