Getting engaged when at Uni

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering about whether it's a bad idea to get engaged when at University to my partner? We're both away to start our final year of Uni in September and I'm 24 and she's 21.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Getting engaged is a statement of what you plan to do in the future, it doesn't have to change what you are doing now.

I got engaged at uni. We didn't get married, or move in together, or anything like that. Most people won't have even known.
Last edited by skylark2; 1 month ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was wondering about whether it's a bad idea to get engaged when at University to my partner? We're both away to start our final year of Uni in September and I'm 24 and she's 21.
getting engaged is you saying you plan to get married which can be whenever you want to after that, so wouldn't say its a bad idea
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
getting engaged is you saying you plan to get married which can be whenever you want to after that, so wouldn't say its a bad idea
Yeah, besides I would plan to wait a few years anyway, and not straight away.
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you are happy together, have compatible relationship ambitions and both believe that there is a good chance that marriage will be in your future plans as a couple- go for it.
Good luck!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got engaged whilst in sixth form college and got married whilst in uni.

Why would being at uni have any correlation as to whether it's a bad idea or not?

It's a bad idea if you don't really love the other person and don't really see yourself marrying them.
That's all.
Mohammed_80
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Congratulations on your engagement I wish you both every success and happiness in life filled with peace, joy and prosperity. I don’t see anything wrong being engaged whilst studying at university as it outlines your intentions of then wanting to marry at a latter date or whenever. I wish you the very best of luck in your 3rd and final year of university may you pass and pass with flying colours.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
To reduce the risk of messy divorce don’t get married under 25 or to someone you haven’t known for minimum 5 years and lived with for at least 2 years
planktion34
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
congrats
a fair few people get married/ engaged in their final year at uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (18)
28.13%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (32)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.69%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.56%
Sign language (8)
12.5%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.56%

Watched Threads