lillyellenwhipp
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! What Uni should I firm for law?

Durham, Uni of Manchester, Birmingham or Exeter? I’m not that worried about night life but like to busy and active!
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I presume you care more about the academic side and how the uni will affect your job prospects.

Durham would be regarded as the best of the four, the other three unis are on the same ‘level’.

There is always a lot of discussion about whether the uni you matters that much, but what is true is that Durham is v competitive and are the third most represented uni at law firms (according to chambers report)

think about where you are based in the UK also. There is a long distance between Durham and Exeter. Both of these unis will be much posher than Bham and Manchester, with a large private school intake, if that bothers you.
Exeter is 50% non-state school I believe.
lillyellenwhipp
Rep:
Yeah I’m thinking of going Durham. I’m a bit considered that I won’t fit in because I’m not from private school but I guess the Uni is so big I will meet a range of people! Thank you - this really helped
student3636
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lillyellenwhipp)
Yeah I’m thinking of going Durham. I’m a bit considered that I won’t fit in because I’m not from private school but I guess the Uni is so big I will meet a range of people! Thank you - this really helped
If it helps I've firmed Durham for Law too, and I'm from a state school and I think there should be a broad range of people there, depending on which college too maybe as my provisional allocation is a self-catered hill college?
lillyellenwhipp
Rep:
Yeah this does help! Think I will firm it! My provisional college is Josephine Butler!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads