How long did it take you to get your first job?

Watch this thread
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
title
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
good luck
iQuestionNanswer
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
any job: 18
job related to my career: not yet
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
title
8 months after graduating from university.
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
20 minutes. Just walked into an agency and got a job.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
First proper job at 18.
Spent a good few months applying before I got it.
Proxenus
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
26 for me
Anon346775
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
can you tell me the name of the agency?
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
title
Got my first job at 14

Not saying that’s a good idea tho:lol:
Little pecker
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Grad job took me a year after graduating
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Six to nine months due to the lockdown. I searched online and asked around at first last year about using a local recruitment agency. Eventually I found something. I now work one day a week at a nice church doing things.
Proxenus
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tinyperson)
Six to nine months due to the lockdown. I searched online and asked around at first last year about using a local recruitment agency. Eventually I found something. I now work one day a week at a nice church doing things.
would you be interested in doing things with me in this nice church?
Smeraldettoi
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
19, due to my autism. I’ve never been unemployed since though
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
With hindsight do you think you settled too soon?
Anon346775
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tinyperson)
can I have the name of the recruitment agency?
nousernameplease
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
If we're talking first ever job, 3 months maybe? I applied to loads of part time jobs when I was 16, never got any response. I was lucky that there was a small business in my town that was rather old fashioned and was hiring weekend staff and it was known for hiring local 16-18 year olds.
Can't speak for a career job, however a relative graduated 2 years ago and has only just got his first ever job, but even that is part time and minimum wage.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
My first ever job ,I think it was within a few days after applying for it i was offered the job. I was 15 & a bit at the time.

My current job was nearly 4 month's due to having to wait until I sat my final exams for my degree ( although I was offered it about 6 weeks before I qualified as couldn't start until I was given my pin).
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Got my first job when i was 16 (nearly 17). It took me a good few months to find one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads