Does this mean he’s controlling?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m going to a concert with my best friend so I won’t be staying over at my boyfriends house over night (we stay at each others everyday) but my best friend is staying at mine today without him there (she’s a girl btw). Anyways he told me that he’s gonna be staying at his girl best friends house over night in response which he’s never done before. They’ve been best friends for years before we started dating but I thought this seemed a bit random. Like why would he be doing this? The perosn who’s saying over isn’t a male friend?

In the past he also got annoyed that I went clubbing with her without him there.

Idk if this is controlling?
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's certainly manipulative, but I wouldn't say it's controlling.

IMHO, if it was controlling, he'd be expressing open disapproval of you either going out with your mates or staying over or both.
butterdawg28
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't say he's being controlling but i'd say that it seems like he's retaliating in the only way he knows how. I'd say he probably feels uncomfortable with you staying at someone else's house so is sort of just showing you how it feels by doing the same to you (which albeit isn't the healthiest approach). I'd say just sit him down and get him to express if this is upsetting him so you can deal with it in a healthier way. Some people aren't good at expressing their feelings and it seems that maybe he's using this approach to just show you how it feels instead of outwardly telling you no and coming across controlling. Hope it goes well
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like a childish reaction to a decision you have every right to.

You're not doing anything wrong by having your female best friend stay over. He's acting like a little boy. Also, sleeping at the house of another girl? You can make your own mind up as to whether that's in line with your boundaries, but it seems wrong to me.

Do not feel guilty for your plans.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (6)
28.57%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (9)
42.86%
First aid skills (1)
4.76%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (4)
19.05%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads