If I programmed game of life would it beneficial to put on my UCAS?

Watch this thread
justharryl
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Suppose I were to program Conway's Game Of Life and put it in my UCAS personal statement. Would that benefit me or is the game of life seen as too simple?
I'm applying for computer science and my predicted grades are 3 A's
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think you're misunderstanding the point of the personal statement. It's not a list of achievements, it's a platform to analytically discuss things you've done and reflect on them and how they developed your interest in your subject area. They don't care about what you did, they care about what you took away from doing it.

What did you learn from the experience? What was challenging? Was it the thing(s) you were expecting, or something unexpected? Why? How did you resolve the situation? How has this developed your understanding of the subject? How will this influence your approach to the subject in future? Etc, etc...
justharryl
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks a lot, this was really helpful

(Original post by artful_lounger)
I think you're misunderstanding the point of the personal statement. It's not a list of achievements, it's a platform to analytically discuss things you've done and reflect on them and how they developed your interest in your subject area. They don't care about what you did, they care about what you took away from doing it.

What did you learn from the experience? What was challenging? Was it the thing(s) you were expecting, or something unexpected? Why? How did you resolve the situation? How has this developed your understanding of the subject? How will this influence your approach to the subject in future? Etc, etc...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads