Rejecting place at insurance uni to try to get a place in clearing at firm choice

Watch this thread
Katie-G9
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I do not meet the requirements for my firm choice university but I meet the requirements for my insurance choice, will I have to contact my insurance university to release me in order to try and gain a clearing space at my firm choice? If I am released from my insurance choice and don’t receive a clearing space at my firm choice then I’m at risk of losing a place at both universities.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Correct on both counts.

Note that if you've missed your firm offer, they might opt to accept you anyway. However, if they don't, then the above applies.

You then have to ask yourself how likely they'd be to accept you via clearing.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Katie-G9)
If I do not meet the requirements for my firm choice university but I meet the requirements for my insurance choice, will I have to contact my insurance university to release me in order to try and gain a clearing space at my firm choice? If I am released from my insurance choice and don’t receive a clearing space at my firm choice then I’m at risk of losing a place at both universities.
If a university rejects you they wont accept you in clearing. If they were going to accept you on lower grades they would have anyway. It isnt in their interests to go into clearing if they have suitable applicants.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your firm choice will only reject you with grades below what they’ll accept in clearing.

If you would like them to consider you for alternative courses if they can’t accept you on your chosen degree then you need to write to them to request that.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What Happens on Results Day - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads