Emailing King’s College about deferral

Watch this thread
kaxxxxc2
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to defer my 2022 Kings College offer to 2023 because of my mental health and my home circumstances. My family and I have been living with my abusive dad for years and in December we left him, having to call the police in the process. This has distressed me majorly and I cannot imagine going to university this year. I’ve already emailed Kings about my desire to defer and they replied asking for me to confirm if I definitely want to defer and they’ll see if they accept my deferral. I’m having trouble formulating my response. How do I word it do that they definitely defer my offer? How do i word it in a professional manner? I want to also make it sound like I’m using the gap year to be productive so how should i say that? (I am actually planning on having a productive year after focusing on my mental health, it’s not like i’m saying it just to slack off. I’m going to be working and picking up new hobbies/ interests and doing something that’s related to my degree which is English Lit)

Can someone help please?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just say “yes I definitely wish to defer”.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (1)
100%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (0)
0%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads