Getting made fun of by kids

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So today I was walking to my uni library and a random schoolgirl walked up to me and blocked my path, I tried to walk the other way and she blocked me again as a joke. So I said "what are you doing" and then she turned to her friends and laughed at me. What was her problem ? Why did she even do this? Is it because I'm really short (5'3) and i seem easy to pick on? I'm a 20 year old guy in uni and I'm getting bullied by kids in school, that's just embarrassing and sad. I have really bad social anxiety and it comes with my short height so things like this just make me really angry and self conscious about the way I look in public and how other people probably laugh at how small I am. Ever since I was in school I got picked on for my height and when things like this happen I just get really annoyed at something I can't change....
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Damn, and these are University students?
They need to grow the heck up quick, or they won't funciton in real life. Some people take people trying to bully them very personally, and things like that can end up in heated verbal reality checks and physical fights when you get to the adult world. They're pretty awful people that should've grown out of primary and secondary school bullying tactics by now.
You carry on with what you're doing my man, I apologise truly to you that you are facing this type of crap as a young adult. I wish you all the best.
Message me if you ever need any message.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So today I was walking to my uni library and a random schoolgirl walked up to me and blocked my path, I tried to walk the other way and she blocked me again as a joke. So I said "what are you doing" and then she turned to her friends and laughed at me. What was her problem ? Why did she even do this? Is it because I'm really short (5'3) and i seem easy to pick on? I'm a 20 year old guy in uni and I'm getting bullied by kids in school, that's just embarrassing and sad. I have really bad social anxiety and it comes with my short height so things like this just make me really angry and self conscious about the way I look in public and how other people probably laugh at how small I am. Ever since I was in school I got picked on for my height and when things like this happen I just get really annoyed at something I can't change....
Should have just stood up for yourself, just because you're the height of a 11 year old doesn't mean you have to act like one.
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Frankly, I advise you to ignore all of the above.

You're not the one who should be embarrassed. Some kids these days are becoming more daring and turn into thugs. They'll be embarrassed when they encounter the wrong adult and get a smack.

They just happened to pick on someone who has social anxiety.

Do not be ashamed. Your height does not matter in the end. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and the only way you can do this is through finding a sense of self-worth, which I feel you may not have.

Feel free to PM me if you want any advice/coping strategies for this. But, if you haven't already, it'd be reasonable to seek GP advice regarding your social anxiety.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Should have just stood up for yourself, just because you're the height of a 11 year old doesn't mean you have to act like one.
Well what else was I supposed to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads