I really want to pass maths but keep on failing (5 times)... should I try again?

Watch this thread
hashbrownclown
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have taken GCSE Maths for 5 years in a row.
- My last 2 years of high school
- First year of college
- Second year of college
- Third year of college
- Fourth year I solely only took GCSE Maths and nothing else to focus on it.
I can never pass. During 2020/2021 I took GCSE Maths for the last time in college. I have never studied so hard in my life. I was constantly taking past papers home and revising till the early hours of the morning. Obviously Covid happened and traditional exams were dropped so whether we passed or not went off the revision papers we were doing in class. Before we broke up from college - my tutor looked through the revision papers I was doing and said it looked like I was going to pass. However when I opened the letter with my results in... I didn't pass.
I was gutted.
I worked so hard.
I think I half blamed it on the fact we kept going into lockdown and lessons were constantly moved around on Microsoft Teams.

Whenever I think back to it, I always get really annoyed.
I've been thinking about doing it again but my Mum thinks it'd be a waste of time and I've been told by other people that ''Maths isn't really needed any more''. But, I was so close.
Should I do it? Or is it a lost cause at this point?
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
umm were you marking the past papers you did? What was going wrong?? It's just GCSE just go through a CGP book and do all the example questions
you should definitely take it again. You can't give up now
hashbrownclown
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by rebelw)
umm were you marking the past papers you did? What was going wrong?? It's just GCSE just go through a CGP book and do all the example questions
you should definitely take it again. You can't give up now
I'm one of these people that gathers a lot of info in my head but as soon as I have to be marked/examined on it - all the information runs off. I'm really determined to do it right this time.
And tbf, I've never actually considered looking through a CGP book which now makes me want to facepalm because it seems so simple. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll deffo get a CGP book.
aliaa03
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
check out the website maths genie, it has video tutorials for each exam question pack
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
31.78%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (60)
46.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
20.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads