Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a call from NEXT earlier about my job application being successful and now I have to do a telephone interview with them, the problem is that is that I don't know what questions to expect because it's my first interview and I don't want to throw away this opportunity.

Does anyone work at a NEXT call centre here and what questions should I being expecting?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't worked at next myself however a mate of mine did. they had a phone interview and basically it was just to hear what she sounded like on the phone ie: professional manner, polite, calm, good telephone voice etc.
    She got asked questions like what would you do if you got an angry customer on the line, how would you calm situation down. Also things like if a customer asked you do to something you didnt have the authorisation to do, things like that.
    basically as long as you sound confident in your answers and not take too long to think of the answer then you should be ok (they want to make sure you can work under pressure).
    The questions they ask you are quite generic and are used by alot of employers.
    Hope this helps, any other questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    It's all about confidence, phone manner and voice. Telephone interviews are a quick cheap way for employers to scan potential candidates and get rid of really bad people. Most people who are half decent get through to the real interview, you only really get rejected at phone stage if you can't talk properly, get really nervous, don't speak intelligently or articulately or just do something really stupid, like laugh bizarrely!

mod edit: removing advertising

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.