This discussion is closed.
monkeycheese
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
This is the Uni I most want to go to! Hopefully starting in september. If you go there let me know what you think of the uni and the girls and would be cool if you could list any downsides.

I dont suppose anyone has applied for Internet & Multimedia Communications? Cos I have, and I found out that theyve withdrawn it apparently.. which is annoying because now I need 320 points to do Web Computing!
makeshiftwings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*shakes head* and men wonder why women think that men have a one-track mind! I have accepted it as my firm (English) and hope to be going there in September. Yes, I am a girl, but not a single one.
The accommodation seemed a bit manky...but as long as I get my computer and stereo speakers in ok, I won't really mind
Report 14 years ago
Should hopefully be going there to study law with criminology - providing i get ABB... (crosses fingers) i am also a girl. maybe see you around
makeshiftwings
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How come I can't find anyone on here doing English at Kent, but at my school there are two others doing the same course???
I don't even go to school near Kent!
medwaysteve
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some of the concrete colleges leak, but a new building seems to go up every summer. Templeman is awesome for someone used to local libraries. Apparently UKC does well in university ratings, and the English staff are all frighteningly intelligent. With two universities, Canterbury is very student friendly, and with all the tourists feels somewhat unreal. I prefer Whitstable and Faversham.

Oh, and the girls are all twenty years too young.
wackojacko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I live 5 miles from Canterbury and been there many a time and know about the night life and stuff like that... basically Canterbury is almost dangerous at night ive heard many stories, but the pubs are very old and have a great character of the old Canterbury the towns nearby are good too, there is Whitstable for some real quality pubs and a great town in general, Faversham for historic stuff and an amazing cinema, Ashford for international station and a huge multi cinema.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wackojacko)
Well I live 5 miles from Canterbury and been there many a time and know about the night life and stuff like that... basically Canterbury is almost dangerous at night ive heard many stories, but the pubs are very old and have a great character of the old Canterbury the towns nearby are good too, there is Whitstable for some real quality pubs and a great town in general, Faversham for historic stuff and an amazing cinema, Ashford for international station and a huge multi cinema.
Dangerous?! I studied at Kent and never found Canterbury dangerous at all! I always felt completely safe in the town centre.
wackojacko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, well we are talking at night here. Maybe im just comparing it to the sweet safe little towns nearby :P. I haven't experienced anything bad but ive heard lots of things, apart from roudy people roaming the streets.
makeshiftwings
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wondered around Canterbury on my own at night earlier this year, nothing happened to me but I was scared by the building that looks like it's been blown up, the library place with the massive window. I stared at it for about an hour.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wackojacko)
Hmm, well we are talking at night here. Maybe im just comparing it to the sweet safe little towns nearby :P. I haven't experienced anything bad but ive heard lots of things, apart from roudy people roaming the streets.
Hehe, maybe it's just 'cause I've lived in London for 13 years but it was more like a ghost town after 11pm rather than rowdy people roaming around! Any rowdy people are likely to be students and mostly harmless anyway!
Wrinkles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by makeshiftwings)
How come I can't find anyone on here doing English at Kent, but at my school there are two others doing the same course???
I don't even go to school near Kent!

I am hoping to study english, if i get the grades *points to siggy*
work_it
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have just started looking into Kent (going to uni 2006), and i think the open day is in July... just wondering if there are some must-see's when i go there?? Often ive come back from an open day and missed something good!
makeshiftwings
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Wrinkles)
I am hoping to study english, if i get the grades *points to siggy*
Ooooh teh funk ofc! J'adore English, it'll be good, if I get in. I see your insurance is Portsmouth, was gonna apply there but ran out of space.

Work_it, they're really good at showing you everything in the university tour, I loved the uni but the city is lacking somewhat in funk, though there are lots of pubs and eateries.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads