AQA Chemistry AS level Paper 1 2022

Watch this thread
Emily_210567
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How did everyone find the paper 1?? I made silly mistakes that I know shouldn't have. But it was medium I guess. Multiple choice = *chef's kiss*.
Ambiguous Super
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emily_210567)
How did everyone find the paper 1?? I made silly mistakes that I know shouldn't have. But it was medium I guess. Multiple choice = *chef's kiss*.
Easy

The last question was sticky 😊🥲
FatalArcher
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
why was there so much inorganic the advance info they gave us was useless in that regard
Ambiguous Super
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FatalArcher)
why was there so much inorganic the advance info they gave us was useless in that regard
Omg, my friend does AS physics and she said all the content came up on her paper - she was literally crying 😭😭😭
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I had OCR AS Physics today and luckily they stuck to the advanced info. But from my own experience of AQA yesterday and from what I'm hearing generally about AQA such as yourself, it seems like they are being harsh on students, which is not fair. 15 marks on inorganic including a tests for ions 4 marker is not "low tariff" - instead it is things like this which will separate the grades out. Hopefully the paper 2 is better for your friend

(Original post by Ambiguous Super)
Omg, my friend does AS physics and she said all the content came up on her paper - she was literally crying 😭😭😭
Ambiguous Super
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I had OCR AS Physics today and luckily they stuck to the advanced info. But from my own experience of AQA yesterday and from what I'm hearing generally about AQA such as yourself, it seems like they are being harsh on students, which is not fair. 15 marks on inorganic including a tests for ions 4 marker is not "low tariff" - instead it is things like this which will separate the grades out. Hopefully the paper 2 is better for your friend
Yes I agree with you there. The grade boundaries cannot be overtly high and I did read on a news article that examiners will mark more leniently. Just praying for the best tbh ---- all will be fine 👌👌
Ambiguous Super
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I spoke to my chemistry teacher, he said that the last question was put in on purpose to test the more 'able' students - my teacher is an examiner for aqa
Katiekl
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
How did everyone find it was it similar to the advanced information
Alysha_xox
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambiguous Super)
When I spoke to my chemistry teacher, he said that the last question was put in on purpose to test the more 'able' students - my teacher is an examiner for aqa
what was the last question on?
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Katiekl)
How did everyone find it was it similar to the advanced information
Kind of, but on the advanced info inorganic was not there, but then they asked approx, 15 marks on it, including a 4 marker. The good thing was that there was only 1 practical on the advanced info - preparing standard solutions - and thats the only practical they asked; this was the 6 marker.
It gave a good lesson for this Friday's paper 2: Revise everything.
aliaa03
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Kind of, but on the advanced info inorganic was not there, but then they asked approx, 15 marks on it, including a 4 marker. The good thing was that there was only 1 practical on the advanced info - preparing standard solutions - and thats the only practical they asked; this was the 6 marker.
i’m just gonna say thank you for answering their q without being rude, so many AS students have a stick up their ass and are getting annoyed when A level students ask if the advanced info was helpful or not 😭😭
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aliaa03)
i’m just gonna say thank you for answering their q without being rude, so many AS students have a stick up their ass and are getting annoyed when A level students ask if the advanced info was helpful or not 😭😭
No problem! It seems that Edexcel are sticking to the advanced info, whereas AQA and OCR are bending it, AQA more than OCR. (I can't speak for any other exam boards)
Good luck for your exams!
eps14
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
what was the main bulk of the paper on?
eps14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Was there nothing on other parts of titration or was it literally just preparing a standard solution?
eps14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Was the 6 marker the only practical question asked on the paper
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eps14)
what was the main bulk of the paper on?
Atomic structure, inorganic, calculations questions. It was one month ago i really cant remember too much
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eps14)
Was there nothing on other parts of titration or was it literally just preparing a standard solution?
That was literally it, yh.
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eps14)
Was the 6 marker the only practical question asked on the paper
Yes, it was worded like this 6 marker attached.

I realise that A level Chem paper 1 was today, apologies for the late reply, I hope it went well!
Attached files
Last edited by FatalArcher; 1 week ago
rida13
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Atomic structure, inorganic, calculations questions. It was one month ago i really cant remember too much
what atomic questions came up??
FatalArcher
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rida13)
what atomic questions came up??
a 5 mark Q on TOF spectrometry, i think 3 marks on ionisation energies and i cant remember much beyond that
Last edited by FatalArcher; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
29.33%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
36%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (6)
8%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.33%
I’m starting to consider my university options (10)
13.33%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.67%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.33%

Watched Threads