The Student Room Group

Cerelle

Iv Been on cerelle for over a year now for the first 6 month I had periods non stop then for 3 month nothing at all then out of the blue I wiped and there was pink then nothing for the rest of the day, next morning pink again so I put a pad on and there was one spot of brown that's it nothing else when wiping. Is this normal while takin this pill?
Do you get a period on Cerelle........

Cerelle and Cerazette are both types of the progestogen only pill (also known as the 'mini pill'). Irregular bleeding is common on the progestogen only pill, which can make periods more irregular, lighter, heavier, more frequent, or in some people, stop altogether

Why am I bleeding pink blood on the pill........
Spotting often occurs in the first 6 months of taking a new birth control pill. It may take time for the pills to regulate the menstrual cycle as the body needs to adjust to the new hormone levels. As a result, a person may still experience some irregular bleeding between periods initially.

Original post by Anonymous
Iv Been on cerelle for over a year now for the first 6 month I had periods non stop then for 3 month nothing at all then out of the blue I wiped and there was pink then nothing for the rest of the day, next morning pink again so I put a pad on and there was one spot of brown that's it nothing else when wiping. Is this normal while takin this pill?

Why do I have light pink discharge......

It usually contains a little bit of blood. Pink discharge most commonly occurs with spotting before a period. However, it can also be a sign of implantation bleeding in early pregnancy. Some people experience a little bit of spotting after ovulation, which can also cause pink discharge. But it may not be this okay as reason why you should perhaps see your GP about it as you didn't say anything about you perhaps having unprotected deeds and you could always take a pregnancy test to check if you are or not pregnant if you are having unprotected deeds with your partner.

If you have any concerns about it then you should consult with your GP and they will reassure you about things.
It could be nothing to worry about but I would suggest you see your GP about things for reassuring okay.

A NHS registered midwife.

Quick Reply

Latest