The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level Physics Paper 1 7407/1 - 18 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

How did everyone find the test, advance information wasn’t very accurate at all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Chessenugget
How did everyone find the test, advance information wasn’t very accurate at all!

omg i totally agree, it was absolutely shambolic, never trusting AQA ever again. No 'waves' and if it does come up it'll be low tariff. IT SHOWED UP AND IT WAS 8 MARKSS. Might need to contact AQA and sue them for false INFORMATION but other than that, it was fine.
Original post by Bleu_
omg i totally agree, it was absolutely shambolic, never trusting AQA ever again. No 'waves' and if it does come up it'll be low tariff. IT SHOWED UP AND IT WAS 8 MARKSS. Might need to contact AQA and sue them for false INFORMATION but other than that, it was fine.

Yeh that wasn’t all either, 5 or so marks on materials as well.
Reply 3
What did you guys get for some of the answers?

For 1.1, I ticked the sigma plus particle. For the refractive index I got 1.31. For the total resistance when P is at Y, I got 6??
Reply 4
Yeh that wasn’t all either, 5 or so marks on materials as well.

so true... AQA NEEDS TO GET SUED :frown: like i had an edexcel exam the other day and their advanced information was really helpful since it was accurate. But AQA what the hell! They did the same thing with GCSEs is what i heard...
Reply 5
Original post by br1ka_m

For 1.1, I ticked the sigma plus particle. For the refractive index I got 1.31. For the total resistance when P is at Y, I got 6??

i got sigma too, but refractive index i got 1.02, and P to Y i don't really remember :s-smilie:
Original post by br1ka_m

I got Y for 1.1
, but I agree with the others
Reply 7
Original post by Bleu_
so true... AQA NEEDS TO GET SUED :frown: like i had an edexcel exam the other day and their advanced information was really helpful since it was accurate. But AQA what the hell! They did the same thing with GCSEs is what i heard...

I remember the angle of incidence, they were really sneaky and showed the angle between the ray and the boundary so we had to subtract that angle from 90 to get the true angle of incidence.
Reply 8
Anyone remember any other questions?
Reply 9
I got Y for 1.1
, but I agree with the others

i gues i might have done it wrong, i didn;'t revise waves that much so was a bit iffy if i should have subtracted 90. i justed 1 x sin 53 = n x sin 47 ( the angles were something like that) and just re arranged
Original post by Bleu_
i gues i might have done it wrong, i didn;'t revise waves that much so was a bit iffy if i should have subtracted 90. i justed 1 x sin 53 = n x sin 47 ( the angles were something like that) and just re arranged

Yeh angle to normal was 90 - the other angle
Reply 11
Yeh angle to normal was 90 - the other angle

RIP me, but i was so glad that the 6 marker was about the photoelectric effect. Revised that a lot so i was glad the 6 marker was about that. How did you find the other questions? Like the moments questions was really weird since i got d 2.4m, took moments from both sides and still got d as 2.4m but the diagram clearly showed the distance was fewer than half way soo idk
Original post by br1ka_m
Anyone remember any other questions?

There were a few questions about bromine isotopes. I got 46 neutrons and then 50% for each isotope
Original post by Bleu_
RIP me, but i was so glad that the 6 marker was about the photoelectric effect. Revised that a lot so i was glad the 6 marker was about that. How did you find the other questions? Like the moments questions was really weird since i got d 2.4m, took moments from both sides and still got d as 2.4m but the diagram clearly showed the distance was fewer than half way soo idk

I think I got 1.15m for that one
Original post by Bleu_

ooh I also got 2.4 m. Didnt think about the diagram.
There were a few questions about bromine isotopes. I got 46 neutrons and then 50% for each isotope

Oh yeah, I got the same I believe. I struggled with that question to be honest, I think my knowledge from chemistry saved me.
Original post by br1ka_m
Oh yeah, I got the same I believe. I struggled with that question to be honest, I think my knowledge from chemistry saved me.

Same, I think you kinda needed to know that bromine is a diatomic molecule
Did anyone know how to do the question about charge density of sigma particle and Y?
(edited 1 year ago)
I think I got 1.15m for that one

I got the same. But 1.2 as everything else was 2sf
Did anyone know how to do the question about charge density of sigma particle and Y?

I got.
- Both +1 charge.
- Pion+ has a larger rest mass than pion neutral
- Pion neutral contains a strange particle
- Y contains a strange particle
- Pion+ mass greater than Y
- Y must have larger specific charge

Pretty raw if that’s the answer for like 2 marks though
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest