The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level Physics Paper 1 7407/1 - 18 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by br1ka_m
I feel like people are exaggerating slightly. The waves question was a few marks per question at maximum and was on stuff like snell’s law and the wave like properties of electrons (and de broglie wavelength). Nothing to do with interference and it was pretty good.

There was a couple materials question, each with a few marks apiece.

Do you remember by any chance what the maximum amount of marks there was for a sub-question on waves/materials?
Reply 81
Year 13 student here 🙋*♀️ I know this is an AS Thread for physics but I do AQA for chemistry and based off these replies, is it safe to assume that the advanced info from AQA is just trash? 🙃
Reply 82
Guys for AS physics I think it’s important to note that there is no multiple choice in paper, this might be the reason why such huge 14 markers appeared. For A level those 30 ish marked will be on multiple choice. Would it be safe to assume that it’s just due to the nature of the layout of each paper?

Also for those who did the paper today, were the majority of marks still for the things which were states on the advance information??
Reply 83
Original post by Endola
Year 13 student here 🙋*♀️ I know this is an AS Thread for physics but I do AQA for chemistry and based off these replies, is it safe to assume that the advanced info from AQA is just trash? 🙃

Oml I’m doing it too💀 but just revise everything, there’s like 10 questions on the paper and they’ve given us what 7?
Still a lot of marks to be lost
Reply 84
Original post by .Umar.
Do you remember by any chance what the maximum amount of marks there was for a sub-question on waves/materials?

it was like 14 marks on materials, 8 marks on waves. so about 30% of the paper was on stuff that wasn't on the advance information
Reply 85
Original post by Endola

after my exam today, and the same happening to GCSE AQA biology students, i would safely assume that :s-smilie:
Reply 86
Original post by Zz03x
Guys for AS physics I think it’s important to note that there is no multiple choice in paper, this might be the reason why such huge 14 markers appeared. For A level those 30 ish marked will be on multiple choice. Would it be safe to assume that it’s just due to the nature of the layout of each paper?

Also for those who did the paper today, were the majority of marks still for the things which were states on the advance information??

that's a good point, but i wouldn't want to trust AQA again after today. I'm definitely going to revise everything for paper 2 but i doubt it'll be of much help since paper 2 is extremely difficult and AQA seems to put to most random questions on it :s-smilie:
Reply 87
Original post by Bleu_
it was like 14 marks on materials, 8 marks on waves. so about 30% of the paper was on stuff that wasn't on the advance information

I mean the marks of the individual questions, not the topic.
Reply 88
Original post by Bleu_
that's a good point, but i wouldn't want to trust AQA again after today. I'm definitely going to revise everything for paper 2 but i doubt it'll be of much help since paper 2 is extremely difficult and AQA seems to put to most random questions on it :s-smilie:

Yeah the safest bet is to obviously revise everything. I enjoy paper 2 because of the multiple choice at the end but those will be all over the spec cos they’re 1 mark each so…

Just revise everything guys
Reply 89
Original post by .Umar.
I mean the marks of the individual questions, not the topic.

if i remember correctly, materials itself was 14 as a whole however waves was 2 questions with 2 parts in both 2 marks each
Reply 90
I was confused at the electricity part. We're you supposed to divide 0.75 by 25 to get 0.03 amps and then use that to get 350 ohms for the filament lamp?
Original post by Vadim05
I was confused at the electricity part. We're you supposed to divide 0.75 by 25 to get 0.03 amps and then use that to get 350 ohms for the filament lamp?

I think you were supposed to do 12-0.75 to get p.d across variable resistor. Then variable resistor was set in middle so 12.5 ohms. 11.25/12.5 = 0.9Amps
Reply 92
samee i do alevel chem AQA and boyyy am i nervous now
Original post by Endola
Reply 93
Original post by fh2712
samee i do alevel chem AQA and boyyy am i nervous now

Original post by Zz03x
Oml I’m doing it too💀 but just revise everything, there’s like 10 questions on the paper and they’ve given us what 7?
Still a lot of marks to be lost

Original post by Bleu_
after my exam today, and the same happening to GCSE AQA biology students, i would safely assume that :s-smilie:

I got the clarification I needed 😂😂thanks guys. I think we would've been better off without advanced info
Reply 94
Hi guys,
I have my exams in like a week and reading this just makes me wanna cry xD. So wait, AQA did not even follow the advanced info? I am hearing so many different opinions

What were the particle physics questions like?
Original post by Chessenugget
Remind me of the question

The electricity one
Original post by Chessenugget
I think you were supposed to do 12-0.75 to get p.d across variable resistor. Then variable resistor was set in middle so 12.5 ohms. 11.25/12.5 = 0.9Amps

The question said that the potential difference on the voltmeter was at is minimum so that means the resistor must be at 25ohms
So then I did 11.25÷by 25 to get currnet and then multiply that by 0.75 to vet resistance on lamp.
Reply 97
Original post by SHO123456
The question said that the potential difference on the voltmeter was at is minimum so that means the resistor must be at 25ohms
So then I did 11.25÷by 25 to get currnet and then multiply that by 0.75 to vet resistance on lamp.

Oh I used potential divider equation 😭, but yes I got the same answer as your way. As long as u mean divide 0.75 by the current at the end cos R = V/I.
Reply 98
What did you guys do for the last question: talking about the range of values for the voltage and the power. I was so confused
Original post by br1ka_m
Oh I used potential divider equation 😭, but yes I got the same answer as your way. As long as u mean divide 0.75 by the current at the end cos R = V/I.

Oh ye

Quick Reply

Latest