SecretSanta3504
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in year 12 and know I will not get the as grades I need to carry on with a2 if I resit my as subjects will I need to put these on to my ucas ?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SecretSanta3504)
I am in year 12 and know I will not get the as grades I need to carry on with a2 if I resit my as subjects will I need to put these on to my ucas ?
If you are being awarded them as actual AS Levels, yes. If you are retaking the first year of AL’s with no qualification awarded, then no.
SecretSanta3504
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what do you mean as actual AS levels?
(Original post by Admit-One)
If you are being awarded them as actual AS Levels, yes. If you are retaking the first year of AL’s with no qualification awarded, then no.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SecretSanta3504)
what do you mean as actual AS levels?
Awarded as a qualification.

Students in England don't receive AS Levels any more, the credits just go towards an A-Level qualification. If that is the case, you don't need to declare your original grade as it was effectively an internal exam only, not a qualification.

If you are outside of England, then you may be awarded an AS Level. Check with your teachers if you are unsure.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Awarded as a qualification.

Students in England don't receive AS Levels any more, the credits just go towards an A-Level qualification. If that is the case, you don't need to declare your original grade as it was effectively an internal exam only, not a qualification.

If you are outside of England, then you may be awarded an AS Level. Check with your teachers if you are unsure.
AS exams used to be part of A levels in England and elsewhere and the marks counted towards your A level grade. However the government moved about 5 years to remove modular exams in England and year 12s generally no longer sit them there because it costs the schools money. The system is different in Wales and I believe Northern Ireland. Year 12s in those countries still continue to sit formal A levels and the results in those exams carry forward to A2 in year 12 and are part of the overall A level marks. Most English students set internal exams in year 12 which are set and marked by the school and those exams dont count towards A levels. Your teacher will be able to tell you which you have taken.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
AS exams used to be part of A levels in England and elsewhere and the marks counted towards your A level grade. However the government moved about 5 years to remove modular exams in England and year 12s generally no longer sit them there because it costs the schools money. The system is different in Wales and I believe Northern Ireland. Year 12s in those countries still continue to sit formal A levels and the results in those exams carry forward to A2 in year 12 and are part of the overall A level marks. Most English students set internal exams in year 12 which are set and marked by the school and those exams dont count towards A levels. Your teacher will be able to tell you which you have taken.
I think you've quoted me in place of the OP
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think you've quoted me in place of the OP
sorry
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
sorry
It's no worry, I just assumed I'd gotten something wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads