The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Switching courses?

HI there, I recently firmed a place at Portsmouth University and they gave me an unconditional offer (I've also applied and received accommodation and placed the deposit), but I'm not sure I want to go anymore with it being so far from where I live. I had applied to Falmouth University with an Animation course but that's not the course I want to do there and was wondering if it would be possible this late to change courses and go back to Falmouth University than Portsmouth.
This is a mess I do apologise :,)

Some other information:
It's been more than 14 days since I firmed my choice.
I have flunked my course pretty much because I was relying on the unconditional lol and am mentally done with this year
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by yzzzzii
HI there, I recently firmed a place at Portsmouth University and they gave me an unconditional offer (I've also applied and received accommodation and placed the deposit), but I'm not sure I want to go anymore with it being so far from where I live. I had applied to Falmouth University with an Animation course but that's not the course I want to do there and was wondering if it would be possible this late to change courses and go back to Falmouth University than Portsmouth.

Some other information:
I have flunked my course pretty much because I was relying on the unconditional lol and am mentally done with this year

Did you decline the Falmouth offer or Insure it?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by yzzzzii

Some other information:

Hi! @yzzzzii

I'm sorry to hear this :frown:

I would speak to our admissions team and they should be able to sort your application out.
[email protected]
+44 (0)23 9284 5566

Also, you could try and speak to our wellbeing team, if you have and personal issues. If you did consider staying with Portsmouth, they are really helpful and accommodating with any struggles you may have while coming to university. I've used them myself in the past and they were a lot more helpful than what I imagined.
[email protected]
+44 (0)23 9284 3466

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
I think I'm gonna stick it out with ports and if I don't vibe well with it ill apply to Fal maybe.
thanks for all your responses guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending